User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction - WE BEAT THE SCUM!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You work with Zim?
    He works?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    He works?
    He means the waiting room at the job centre

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    He works?
    Motivational speaker, I imagine.

If the motivation is for people to top themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think it was the defensive performance that impressed me the most. Really aggressive and didn’t give them any room to breathe, Kane and Alli were snuffed out of the game completely. It was probably Mustafi’s best performance for us.

I felt we’d turn up for this one but therein lies the problem. This should be the standard every week and not just when we’ve been written off.
    Aye, the issue is a lot to do with mentality, more so than it being an ability issue because these players have shown us that they can comfortably compete against the other teams in this top 6 group.

The sad thing is we will probably lose at Burnley at the weekend, not because we are not as good as them but because we'll just turn up expecting to stroll to victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You work with Zim?
    Do you wish you were him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MaxZIMus

The great leader has arrived

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Aye, the issue is a lot to do with mentality, more so than it being an ability issue because these players have shown us that they can comfortably compete against the other teams in this top 6 group.

The sad thing is we will probably lose at Burnley at the weekend, not because we are not as good as them but because we'll just turn up expecting to stroll to victory.
    The issue is having an idiot for a manager.

Who knew that if we started our best players in their best positions we stood a better chance of getting a decent performance? Pure coincidence the only other time we tried it this season we also put in a good performance.

Who could have guessed that if we upped the tempo and moved the ball forward we could put the opponent under pressure?

The performance against the spuds was little more that what the fans have been demanding all along. Team selection, formation, tactics, style of play. That's the team that should have been starting all season, bar injuries. Those are the tactics we should have been playing all season. And I'd go as far as to say - let Lacazette play for 90 mins FFS! That's one little improvement that could be made to what was already obvious, to what the fans could already see and to what Wenger seems to only be slowly figuring out.

There's a 99.9% chance this is another in our long list of false dawns and Wenger will be back to picking the wrong team, playing the wrong tactics and treating us all to tippy tappy when we play Burnley. And if we don't do well as a result the pundits may say it's a mentality issue with the players, but it will be more about mental issues with the manager.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as it was a very good win on Saturday, it was a one off and any side can pull off a win against a top side as a one off, this doesn't really prove we're good enough, what would is a consistent run and challenging for the big prizes.

The squad isn't good enough for a title challenge IMO, that's very much down to the manager of course with his weird decisions and tactics, but it's also down to personnel, this team doesn't have the ingredients to win titles if the other teams are in a good stable place, Man City are light years ahead right now, better team, better manager and better football, it's night and day.

Liverpool get one off wins against top sides and so far it hasn't proved they are title contenders at all. Alongside a new manager we need a few new players and a bit more fight/desire and leadership.

Let's not forget we were also at home, away from home results have been dreadful, in addition two of our best players on Saturday, Ozil and Sanchez will be gone next summer leaving us with a pretty weak looking team, in reality we're building towards nothing and not playing for anything this season either (other than the Europa) unless you count the Europa league which I'm not convinced we'll win.

Seeing two players who are leaving being our star performers really doesn't make you feel great, probably nice for their potential new clubs to be seeing what they'll be getting next summer for free though.
    Last edited by Özim; 20-11-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I disagree about the squad not being good enough.

I think we have a decent group of defenders, for once we have options up front

I think arguably wed only need to improve the midfield with a decent manager.

Yeah Sanchez and Ozil are probably going but add a Kondogbia to the outfit and push someone like Ramsey further forward and with a decent manager with a game plan we’d be challenging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finally wait for a good attack and now they're leaving

Although I'm not arsed about ozil, I do find it ironic though.