User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 2-0 West Brom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    I switched off in the 62nd minute. I just could watch the match any longer.

Our football is so dull the only moments of excitement come from when we have midfield and defensive brain farts inviting pressure on ourselves.
    I should have switched off. I wasted an evening. I spent most of the time drifting in and out of the game. Checking my phone...so easy to get distracted because it's so boring to watch.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And that leads us to a cruel and persistent joke. We're supposed to be a technical team and a passing team. So why don't we have the technique and composure to deal with pressure when we have the ball? The number of forced mistakes is outrageous. We're a technical, passing team when the opponent allows us the time and space to show off. Then we develop a swagger to go with our sideways passing.
    Even at our beat the unbeaten season etc, it was fairly easy to get in our faces.

The difference now is that sides don't have to resort to outright thuggery. Though some still choose to.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I should have switched off. I wasted an evening. I spent most of the time drifting in and out of the game. Checking my phone...so easy to get distracted because it's so boring to watch.
    I thought that, but then I managed to find something even more boring and difficult to watch.

The first episode of the new Star Trek series on Netflix. Christ it's dull

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'd take Ozil passing to feet over Ramsey passing to opponents.
    If Ozil were more physical and not afraid of contact, I'd play him a CM instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I thought that, but then I managed to find something even more boring and difficult to watch.

I've finally gotten around to watching Fargo on Netflix. I'm enjoying it but getting a bit distracted whenever they are in places I recognise from living in and subsequently visiting Calgary.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    I've finally gotten around to watching Fargo on Netflix. I'm enjoying it but getting a bit distracted whenever they are in places I recognise from living in and subsequently visiting Calgary.
    Billy Bob Thornton is great in that series.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Billy Bob Thornton is great in that series.
    I like him most in Bad Santa

"I beat the shit out of some kids today, I feel like I've turned a corner. I feel like for the first time in my life I've really done something meaningful"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, as a right wing extremist (because I don't agree with the abolition of gender) I'm supposed to get triggered by that show once I watch it. Something to do with every character being female and a lesbian.

Sound pretty good to me.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think honestly even with those players who were largely the core of the team during what was for me a very turgid 06/07 season there were plenty of games. Where we lost 1-0 where we created nothing and then went to sleep at set pieces

The point is taken in that a season later we improved immeasurably and in my view should have won the title. Fabregas used to irritate me at times as much as Ozil did, he forever would look for a pass when there wasn't one on.

The last time for me we played consistently good football was 2015 when Ozil returned from injury, Ramsey was playing well, so was Giroud, so was Sanchez. Games like the 4-1 trouncing of Liverpool at the Emirates and the FA cup win over Aston Villa are honestly for me the best we'd played in years.
    Nah that 06/07 bunch would create chance after chance, they just couldn't score. Our 2 best strikers that year(Henry, RVP) missed half of the season. Ade was all work rate but couldn't finish, Hleb was scared to shoot, even tho he had opportunity after opportunity to put a shot in. And Baptista was just shiit.

And that season it seemed like every shit team's goalie had the performance of their lives against Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That midfield was silky as hell but the team lacked end product, sometimes it was just bizarre watching us create 10 chances a game but fluffing our lines. Remember that CSKA Moscow game?

They were much better the year after though and for me that team up until 2010 produced the best football we’ve had since the glory days. They suffered in other ways but I feel the football was worth the entrance fee, it’s just a shame we never had the money at the time to add the type of player we can get now, someone who could have edged us closer to the title.

Our progress in the CL at the time was good during this period as well.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 26-09-2017 at 03:27 PM.