User Tag List

Page 182 of 235 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2349

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abameyang starting for Dortmund today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42839626

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Or you're just a basic tool that forgot your login details? I know what my moneys on.
    Not quite as basic as your vocabulary I fear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Abameyang starting for Dortmund today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42839626

HCZ
    Oh do me a favour.

He's one of the best strikers on the planet in his peak years.

Give them what they want and get it over the line.
    Again taking away the fan mentality why would you.

It doesn’t seem like Aubemeyang wants to be there, and there aren’t other clubs waiting to pounce. Fine if it gets to deadline day and Dortmund haven’t budged do the deal....but unless you have a rich Arab benefactor it seems odd to not want to get the best value for money possible.

He is at his peak. But again he’s 28 and heavily reliant on pace, how many years are we getting out of him. Especially with that stupid ego driven blunderer in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dortmund don't have to sell, they can easily wait until the summer, he's under contract and they can find a buyer in the summer, probably much easier. IMO they hold all the cards, the fact he's playing in the team shows that, if he was such a big problem he wouldn't be playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #BVB fans have a banner on display: “No one is bigger than the club.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Again taking away the fan mentality why would you.

It doesn’t seem like Aubemeyang wants to be there, and there aren’t other clubs waiting to pounce. Fine if it gets to deadline day and Dortmund haven’t budged do the deal....but unless you have a rich Arab benefactor it seems odd to not want to get the best value for money possible.

He is at his peak. But again he’s 28 and heavily reliant on pace, how many years are we getting out of him. Especially with that stupid ego driven blunderer in charge.

HCZ
    Possibly but my understanding is that City wanted him back in 2016 but didn’t want to pay the asking price. It seems to me they think their best chance they think they have of getting the price for him they want is playing on our need to have a replacement for Sanchez.
    If they sell him in the summer they won’t get anymore than what we are offering now, especially as he’s six months older.
    I think you’re right they are playing him today to say to us we don’t have to sell him to you.

But that’s not going to get them the money they want from him, because I think there is zero chance we are going to pay their asking price now and even less chance another club will in the summer.

HCZ
    What’s the problem buddy?.

Are you hitting yourself again because you can’t think?

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Comparing Apples and Oranges

The simple fact is whilst that old crook Kroenke refuses to invest any of his own money in the club, whilst we can afford what Dortmund are asking, we probably have to be more self aware of value.

City with this Laporte fella they can throw sixty million odd around without blinking and if he turns out good they are getting years out of him.

Aubemeyang is proven talent, but at 28 a player reliant on pace comes with a best before date, and whilst there is a contradiction over being parsimonious when the club allowed Wenger to run down the contracts of Ozil and Sanchez but if you think you can get a club to knock money off their asking price for a player who they seem to want to sell why wouldn’t you. If it doesn’t work and we are left with just Mkhitaryan we look bloody stupid, but if it does work I don’t imagine anyone here will complain too much.
    This.

Comparing us to City/Utd is silly considering we actually have to watch what we spend to an extent whereas those two can chuck whatever money they can without any consequences or impact on their bottom line.

If Aubemeyang is the player we desperately need then losing out on him either to a rival or with him not moving over three million is stupid (I still have nightmares about the Higuain deal) but as long as the negotiation team have time, I can understand them trying to extract the best price for the club.

tl;dr - stop comparing the way we do business to the likes of City/Utd and Chelsea (though I think they're slowly morphing into us now). You're comparing clubs essentially playing football manager versus a club in the real world.