User Tag List

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Me too. Plenty of those, got use to not working hard (except on social media) and not pressing anyone at all, reckon we'll need to get rid of a fair few.
    Me too, I am genuinely excited for the season ahead. I have no major expectations other than Emery implementing his new ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Probably means that we never seriously pursued Allegri or that he didn't want to interview for the role.

The only others I'm confident would have been on the list would be:

Arteta, Vieira, Jardim, Nagelsmaan, Ancelotti, Luis Enrique
    Who knows. He may not have fit the criteria. I hear people complain about Emery's English but I've heard Allegri is much worse and would struggle to learn.

Allegri was always a long shot. He seems committed to Juve so fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Anyway i just want to say welcome to Arsenal Unai Emery and the best of luck

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oi, geezers, one for Coney the coffin dodger. Emery, he is awful, but I like him...

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Sneaky, sneaky sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubameyang on Emery: "Since over the last few seasons - you have to tell the truth - the club has stagnated a little bit, I think everyone is actually a little bit excited to see what happens next season" #Arsenal https://t.co/ABeehIcJEp

Shots fired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The revisionism over Gazidis is already in full swing. Just as it was when the tide swung in favour of Kroenke when Usmanov first arrived, then back once again as he became the bad guy once the realisation dawned that we are nothing more than another investment. Nothing has changed with the ownership of this club. It's still the biggest problem preventing the success of any manager and its players. A manager can only go so far with this lot in charge. Gazidis is a banker in charge of a football club, a man who answers every question in full without saying a thing of substance. Emery will bring change and some difference on the pitch and it's a breath of fresh air after Wenger became stale but the ultimate outcome will be the same.

Granted, there are only 4/5 clubs in the world who will offer a budget bigger than £50m (Utd, City, PSG, Barca, Madrid - Cheslea no longer operate in that way) but this "catalyst for change" is for the snake-like Gazidis to slither his way into being the man in charge. Top four is all that matters to him and the board, along with some shitty shirt sleeve sponsorships and commercial deals. Kroenke has shown over years of ownership of various franchises how little of a fuck he gives about success. It's nice to have a change of manager and some new things happening but it has to be tempered with the reality of the blood-sucking frauds running our club. Arsenal will always be owned by some form of billionaire now given how much it costs to buy but it's the varying degrees of interest in the making sure it is successful that ultimately make the difference. City, Utd, PSG and Chelsea have demonstrated that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Aubameyang on Emery: "Since over the last few seasons - you have to tell the truth - the club has stagnated a little bit, I think everyone is actually a little bit excited to see what happens next season" #Arsenal https://t.co/ABeehIcJEp

Shots fired
    Laca had a little dig too, when someone posted a pic of Wenger telling Emery you must feed Gunnersaurus twice a day and take Lacazette off after 70 minutes and he laughed at it, players starting to really say what they really thought of the previous regime at last!

Really think Laca can flourish under Emery, Gamero did under him at Sevilla. Lacazette is a very good finisher and an asset for us and if we can play him with Aubameyang that will make us very dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    The revisionism over Gazidis is already in full swing. Just as it was when the tide swung in favour of Kroenke when Usmanov first arrived, then back once again as he became the bad guy once the realisation dawned that we are nothing more than another investment. Nothing has changed with the ownership of this club. It's still the biggest problem preventing the success of any manager and its players. A manager can only go so far with this lot in charge. Gazidis is a banker in charge of a football club, a man who answers every question in full without saying a thing of substance. Emery will bring change and some difference on the pitch and it's a breath of fresh air after Wenger became stale but the ultimate outcome will be the same.

Granted, there are only 4/5 clubs in the world who will offer a budget bigger than £50m (Utd, City, PSG, Barca, Madrid - Cheslea no longer operate in that way) but this "catalyst for change" is for the snake-like Gazidis to slither his way into being the man in charge. Top four is all that matters to him and the board, along with some shitty shirt sleeve sponsorships and commercial deals. Kroenke has shown over years of ownership of various franchises how little of a fuck he gives about success. It's nice to have a change of manager and some new things happening but it has to be tempered with the reality of the blood-sucking frauds running our club. Arsenal will always be owned by some form of billionaire now given how much it costs to buy but it's the varying degrees of interest in the making sure it is successful that ultimately make the difference. City, Utd, PSG and Chelsea have demonstrated that.
    The honeymoon won't last long. The allconsuming, overriding drive was to get Wenger out. If Ivan wants to own Wenger 2.0 he'll be surprised at how quickly things turn against him. The fans are super sensitive to the bullshit now. If they don't see change, if they see any similarities to the past decade, it will be more than obvious where the blame lies. Ivan wants the power but scrutiny comes with it. He can't make any excuses about Wenger undermining or outmanoeuvring him now.

Stan's just a fuck. Everyone knows that and nobody likes him. He's used to it, doesn't care and there's nothing anyone can do about it. No way are fans going to stay away now there's a new manager.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, I don't like Gazidis and Kronke is a little s==t. Let's not run away with the idea that the club is wonderful now Wenger has gone, not a bit of it. Until we get rid of Kranky nothing will change, but at least Wenger going is a start because for no other reason than that they can't hide behind him if things go wrong. We may be heading for the biggest manager-go-round in history.