User Tag List

Page 94 of 235 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I mean by correcting you and proving you wrong

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    No I mean by correcting you and proving you wrong
    I believed you were comparing Kante and Coquelin which I think anyone would have thought also

But given that I have to admit as a shortcoming I didn’t realise that you weren’t because you are so bad at articulating your thoughts that what appeared to be the case wasn’t.

But there we go I’ll know for future reference that if you say that a top player can do a job and then claim a vastly inferior player can do said job (even when they can’t) I’ll know that because it’s you you’re not directly comparing the two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I believed you were comparing Kante and Coquelin which I think anyone would have thought also

But given that I have to admit as a shortcoming I didn’t realise that you weren’t because you are so bad at articulating your thoughts that what appeared to be the case wasn’t.

But there we go I’ll know for future reference that if you say that a top player can do a job and then claim a vastly inferior player can do said job (even when they can’t) I’ll know that because it’s you you’re not directly comparing the two
    It's plainly obvious what I meant

Only basic people would struggle to comprehend

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    It's plainly obvious what I meant

Only basic people would struggle to comprehend
    Ok so you weren’t comparing them even though you both said they could do a certain job

And on top of that one of them is not capable of doing that job....unless we are being ultra defensive and even then it’s hit and miss.

But as I’ve said the next time you talk about two players and their attributes, I’ll know it’s definitely not a comparison

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I missed this. You went all pussy over Xmas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mislintat hasn’t but Sanllehli I believe has. He is essentially a director of football in all but name
    What's the thinking behind Raul Sanllehli having anything to do with departures so early on? Just wondering how you're jumping to such conclusions. For example, Jenkinson is still on the books and despite Wenger showing very little faith in Callum Chambers, he is still with the club. Could it be the sale of Coquelin and potential sale of Theo just boils down to interest from other clubs? The players we've struggled to shift was down to the fact that nobody else wanted them. Coquelin has said in his interview that Valencia were interested in signing him before and that he regret not moving sooner, Allardyce has been vocal about wanting Theo and it's not the first time Theo has been linked with a move away from the club. I think the fact that he wasn't playing many games last season and he's been frozen out this season suggest that he's finally got the message and especially since it's a World Cup year. Wenger confirms that in his interview.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sky...any-guarantees

Way to early to say what's going on. As said, Gibbs was out the door as soon as we saw that West Brom wanted him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed this. You went all pussy over Xmas
    You decided to gain 2 brain cells over Christmas but you seem to have lost them again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I didn't

You said coquelin can't make competent passes

I said:

"I don't see Kante making competent passes? He destroys and makes a 5 yard pass. Like Coquelin.'

You then said:

'Brilliant that you think Coquelin is on Kantes level by the way, in terms of awareness, ability to win possession or strength.'

This is what I don't understand about the whole Coquelin criticism. It seems like Herb and others are putting the weight of our ball distribution problems on a player who wasn't brought in to solve that problem. We brought a dud in Xhaka and now we're having to try and find other players to cover for Xhaka's flaws. It's mental.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    This is what I don't understand about the whole Coquelin criticism. It seems like Herb and others are putting the weight of our ball distribution problems on a player who wasn't brought in to solve that problem. We brought a dud in Xhaka and now we're having to try and find other players to cover for Xhaka's flaws. It's mental.
    No I’m saying even as a defensive midfield destroyer you need someone who is composed enough to keep the ball long enough to find another player with it especially when playing against sides that will press you all over the shop.

I’m not saying Xhaka can do that any better than Coquelin, he can’t....neither player can so it’s not a great loss to me

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    What's the thinking behind Raul Sanllehli having anything to do with departures so early on? Just wondering how you're jumping to such conclusions. For example, Jenkinson is still on the books and despite Wenger showing very little faith in Callum Chambers, he is still with the club. Could it be the sale of Coquelin and potential sale of Theo just boils down to interest from other clubs? The players we've struggled to shift was down to the fact that nobody else wanted them. Coquelin has said in his interview that Valencia were interested in signing him before and that he regret not moving sooner, Allardyce has been vocal about wanting Theo and it's not the first time Theo has been linked with a move away from the club. I think the fact that he wasn't playing many games last season and he's been frozen out this season suggest that he's finally got the message and especially since it's a World Cup year. Wenger confirms that in his interview.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sky...any-guarantees

Way to early to say what's going on. As said, Gibbs was out the door as soon as we saw that West Brom wanted him.
    Well obviously you can only sell players that have clubs that want to buy them

Not getting into the first team, potential interest elsewhere on your way

And you’re right I don’t know it’s anyone but Wenger behind that, but the quickness with which one has gone through and with Walcott it now appears to be the case that a decision has been made, it seems conspicuously dithering free.