Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Bum-titty bum-titty bum-titty bum.

There, I got it out of my system. Carry on.
    I also wanted to do that...... thank you, I feel better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If it means we dump Mustafi on some Autobahn Ausfart. then Yes. Lets get Partey from Atleti too while we`re over there
    "Unai Emery's 'avin a Partey..."

No...? Oh well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure who we can and should get, there's the usual opinions out there and then there's reality of our limited budget and the vision of the management team. I think we should, however, be getting rid of the following players for sure either by design or due to contract expiry:

Cech
    Lichtsteiner
    Jenkinson
    Mustafi
    Elneny
    Ramsey

Given those actual and potential departures as well as other existing weaknesess, we're left needing to replace in the following positions:

Goalkeeper - back up to Leno unless Martinez is sufficient?
    Centre Back - quality required here
    Left Back - not sure how much Nacho has left in his tank and Kola has defensive weaknesses if we need to play a flat back four
    Central Midfielder - clearly with Ramsey off, and Elneny done we need quality here
    Winger/Wider Forward - been lacking qualty here for a while and struggle changing tactics effectively due to lack of genuine wide options

With very little coming in from sales, maybe nominal amounts for Mustafi, Elneny and 2p for Jenko, we'll need some more inspired Torreira type signings. Young genuine quality at reasonable pices .......what are the chances and options out there?????

Discuss
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should definitely get rid of Cech - before he retires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People we should get rid of for sure:

Mustafi
    El Neny
    Mustafi
    Jenkinson
    Mustafi
    Lichtsteiner
    Mustafi

...and Mustafi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    People we should get rid of for sure:

Mustafi
    El Neny
    Mustafi
    Jenkinson
    Mustafi
    Lichtsteiner
    Mustafi

...and Mustafi
    what about mustafi?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we should try and move on Mhiki as well, he flatters to deceive more often than not and is on big money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shows the challenge we face in overhauling the squad...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...mesut-14173298

...quite simply we’ve got to get that wage bill under control before we start rebuilding.

In an ideal world, Özil and Mkhi would be the first names out the door on those contracts, but unfortunately the only way I see either of those going is once their contracts expire. So that means we may have to make some fairly brutal decisions elsewhere (e.g. cancelling Ramsey’s contract talks and letting Welbeck go when he’s on his way back from injury).

Anyone on that list who is either on over £90k/week or over 31/32 y/o could go, imo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the plus side, CL football will be a bonus, if we can secure it, and the new kit deal with Adidas sounds like it will bring in twice what we’re currently getting from Puma...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to believe we will buy any of the players I'd want us to sign even if they push all the high earners off a cliff and shoot the over 30's AND we make CL.

Player's that could genuinely push us on to the next level like Ndombele, Pepe, De Ligt, Alaba, Koulibaly, Malinkovic-savic, Isco....

I also think Koscielny is basically playing as good has has ever done right now, albeit he doesn't have the sort of partnership he had with Mertesacker at his best. I also hear his operation has actually completely dealt with the problem he had had for a few years so from a medical point of view and footballing point of view, keeping him isn't as daft as some would think.

We've been a burned a lot in recently years and are trying to change the page from the Wenger reign so I think we can be a bit to eager to get rid of players.... though I would agree that having a wage bill that is as much ahead of Spurs' as it is is unworkable.

.....but I do think Spurs are going to run into their own issues with their wage bill shortly.....
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 20-04-2019 at 09:46 AM.