User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Stoke v Man City (10/11/12 March).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Silly argument.

If somebody deliberately shoots a gun at you they must be trying to kill you. That's attempted murder. There intent and there's an intended victim. And the harm doesn't need to be physical.

For your analogy to be useful the guy would have to jump in his car and grab a phone with the intent of harming somebody. He didn't. No crime. So the stupid cunt Vine wants him to be charged with a pre-crime.

Politicians and judges should go to jail for raping children, don't you think? Rather than think up new pre-crime laws for the rest of us.
    OK. Fine. Intent is a reasonable point.
    So if I go out blindfolded then and start shooting randomly. Should I only be prosecuted if I hit someone?
    If I didn't then, well, I did something potentially dangerous but no-one got hurt so no harm done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggest something was going on beforehand. Maybe he cut him up or something. Or was gesturing at him.

Whatever, awlful dad. Behaves like a prick in front of his daughter. Drives dangerously with his daughter in the car. Then doesn't seem to give a shit when his daughter gets a gobful of spit in her face. Then drags the whole thing through the media. Not your dad of the year, tbf.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK. Fine. Intent is a reasonable point.
    So if I go out blindfolded then and start shooting randomly. Should I only be prosecuted if I hit someone?
    If I didn't then, well, I did something potentially dangerous but no-one got hurt so no harm done?
    That depends. If you're in the outbacks of Alaska on a lone hike then no. If you live in the middle of a busy street then sure. You couldn't possibly argue a case for accident under those circumstances. There's still a clear intent there, firing a gun in a crowded place is highly likely to cause injury or death and only a fool would think otherwise. Which is why we have defence options based on insanity and mental instability.

It seems you aren't capable of viewing law and order from a humanitarian or libertarian viewpoint. Instead you seem caught up in the phoney declarations from real criminals who claim they are entitled to make up laws as they go. In fact I doubt you can even tell the difference between a criminal and a citizen any more because just about everyone is a criminal in one form or another. What's that saying that talks about breaking a whole bunch of laws every day without even realising it? That's what happens when you have an endless flow of fake law. All of it (all of it) is designed to enrich the state in one form or another (apart from the natural and legitimate law that was there long before these cunts arrived in their fancy dress).

So you'll probably say driving with a phone is similar to firing a gun around the place. Of course it's not, but let's accept the faulty argument.

How many people die or are injured as a result of mobile phone usage while driving?

Now compare that to the number of people harmed or killed through driving in general.

Conclusion. Driving should be banned and all drivers should be jailed. It's dangerous and people could get killed as a result - and the evidence is there to prove it.

In fact that's exactly what these cunts are cooking up for us. Driverless cars. The implications are mid blowing in terms of liberty, but most will only see the badge on the car I suppose.

The bottom line. Maybe 1 in a million people jumps in a car with the intent of harming somebody. Made up stat because it's not the sort of thing that's measured. The ony "safety" regulations that are measured and enforced are the ones that make a few cunts richer. I think we all know that don't we? If we're honest.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS don't you two start again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Do you want us to discuss, in detail, the tactics of Wenger's midfield?

Well shut it then.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Post of the week

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people die or are injured as a result of mobile phone usage while driving?
    Now compare that to the number of people harmed or killed through driving in general.
    Conclusion. Driving should be banned and all drivers should be jailed.
    It's dangerous and people could get killed as a result - and the evidence is there to prove it.
    This is a stupid argument which no-one is making.

Driving is a potentially dangerous activity.
    So, like any potentially dangerous activity it should be assessed how it should be regulated to minimise the risks as far as possible.
    It would be nice if everyone was sensible and could be trusted to drive safely but they aren't.
    This is why we have speed limits.
    They are not there because "the man" is out to restrict your liberty. It's to make things safer for everyone. Personally I think the limits are pretty ridiculous at times, they come from a time when cars didn't brake so efficiently and could do with some reviewing. But I think there should be some limits because there are some idiots who would tear around dangerously.

It's pretty reasonable that people should be expected to pay attention when they're driving. Using mobile phones while driving is clearly a distraction so I'm on board with there being laws against it.
    You asked for some statistics. Here:

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-acci...tatistics.html

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.
    Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.
    1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.
    Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
    Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.
    Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
    Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity.
    94% of drivers support a ban on texting while driving.
    74% of drivers support a ban on hand-held cell phone use.
    So yeah, I don't think it's an outrageous restriction of your liberty that you're not allowed to get your phone out and play Candy Crush while you're driving.
    It's not really about intent here. I'm sure the bloke wasn't intending to harm anyone by videoing while driving but it is potentially dangerous and distracting.
    How can he possibly have been properly concentrating on driving if he was doing that?

Above you called him scum and said he should "be done". What are you arguing now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    This is a stupid argument which no-one is making.

Driving is a potentially dangerous activity.
    So, like any potentially dangerous activity it should be assessed how it should be regulated to minimise the risks as far as possible.
    It would be nice if everyone was sensible and could be trusted to drive safely but they aren't.
    This is why we have speed limits.
    They are not there because "the man" is out to restrict your liberty. It's to make things safer for everyone. Personally I think the limits are pretty ridiculous at times, they come from a time when cars didn't brake so efficiently and could do with some reviewing. But I think there should be some limits because there are some idiots who would tear around dangerously.

It's pretty reasonable that people should be expected to pay attention when they're driving. Using mobile phones while driving is clearly a distraction so I'm on board with there being laws against it.
    You asked for some statistics. Here:

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-acci...tatistics.html

So yeah, I don't think it's an outrageous restriction of your liberty that you're not allowed to get your phone out and play Candy Crush while you're driving.
    It's not really about intent here. I'm sure the bloke wasn't intending to harm anyone by videoing while driving but it is potentially dangerous and distracting.
    How can he possibly have been properly concentrating on driving if he was doing that?

Above you called him scum and said he should "be done". What are you arguing now?
    The argument is too complex for you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking to me?

Because a lot of people say that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Are you talking to me?

Because a lot of people say that.
    I'm talking to the monkey, not the organ grinder.

Which kind of makes me the stupidest person of all.
    Für eure Sicherheit