User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Ham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Notice how he starts off with:

2005 2nd 83 8
    2006 4th 67 24
    2007 4th 68 21
    2008 3rd 83 4
    2009 4th 72 18
    2010 3rd 75 11
    2011 4th 68 12
    2012 3rd 70 19
    2013 4th 73 16
    2014 4th 79 7
    2015 3rd 75 12
    2016 2nd 71 10
    2017 5th 75 18

Then drops 2005 out of the argument and talks about 2006 when he realises he's losing the argument
    Exactly. Disingenuous and shifting goal posts. Doesn't take onto account other teams having bad season either because in 2016 we could have finished outside of the Top 4 with that tally of 71 points.

A senseless argument. We're in a competition and not just competing against ourselves. Point tally at the end of the season isn't an accurate barometer of our decline. It may look steady with us always finishing on a certain amount but with us standing still, we're dropping further down the pecking order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh good, a grown up. Hello.
    If we finish outside the top 4 again then yes, it would establish more of a pattern of not being a "top 4" side any more which would show decline. But right now that is an "if".
    Overall since 2006 we've not declined or progressed with any consistency but there is a danger of us slipping out of the top 4 on a regular basis not just a one off, I think if we lose Ozil and Sanchez we could be properly screwed.
    You introduced this 'since 2006' trope, not me. Why that year? Why not track it over the whole of Wenger's tenure? Also, why are you just looking at end of point tally? What about player quality and areas of our game? Have we improved defensively or gotten worse? What about our midfield and attack? Players we're producing? It's a long list.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Under Wenger at least under the first half of his tenure we experienced highs and the kind of football that we as fans can be eternally grateful for. But those days have been over for a long time and they aren’t coming back under him he has no more corners to turn, nothing more to offer than disappointment.
    The guy is 68 and he isn’t and never was Alex Ferguson the likelihood is that we will continue to regress the longer he stays with us. He has tarnished his reputation and he is damaging the club, I don’t believe that damage is anywhere near irreparable but there will come a point sooner rather than later that it will be if he doesn’t fuck off.
    He is a selfish old cunt for not going in the summer, anyone who argues that he didn’t put himself before the club needs to perhaps examine why they support Arsenal in the first place.
    I don’t hate him, people I hate I wish harm to...I don’t wish him harm I just want him to go.

I would hope at least that for all the microanalysis going on, we do all within reason agree with this.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 14-12-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate him too. Well, I hate him when I think about him. I don't want to kill him, but I problably will want to next season - and definitely if he stays beyond that. In fact won't somebody have to kill him just to get rid of him?

Btw - this is a JOKE - for you nasty little brownshirts trawling the Internet, I don't want to kill anyone. Except you.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Under Wenger at least under the first half of his tenure we experienced highs and the kind of football that we as fans can be eternally grateful for. But those days have been over for a long time and they aren’t coming back under him he has no more corners to turn, nothing more to offer than disappointment.
    The guy is 68 and he isn’t and never was Alex Ferguson the likelihood is that we will continue to regress the longer he stays with us. He has tarnished his reputation and he is damaging the club, I don’t believe that damage is anywhere near irreparable but there will come a point sooner rather than later that it will be if he doesn’t fuck off.
    He is a selfish old cunt for not going in the summer, anyone who argues that he didn’t put himself before the club needs to perhaps examine why they support Arsenal in the first place.
    I don’t hate him, people I hate I wish harm to...I don’t wish him harm I just want him to go.

I would hope at least that for all the microanalysis going on, we do all within reason agree with this.
    Yes, but who is there to replace him?

Agreed, nobody.

/thread
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I hate him too. Well, I hate him when I think about him. I don't want to kill him, but I problably will want to next season - and definitely if he stays beyond that. In fact won't somebody have to kill him just to get rid of him?

Btw - this is a JOKE - for you nasty little brownshirts trawling the Internet, I don't want to kill anyone. Except you.
    We all have varying definitions of Hate
    When I say I hate someone. I mean I hope they get a malignant tumour that kills them slowly

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes, but who is there to replace him?

Agreed, nobody.

/thread
    I didn’t watch the Ty video. Did anyone actually suggest any names to him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I didn’t watch the Ty video. Did anyone actually suggest any names to him?
    Of course not. It's Ty.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite embarrassingly the ginger tart Durham on talk sport reminded the listeners the other day that Wenger said 3 years ago that we would win the title by 3 years time. Need anything more be said......