Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The longer this continues the better

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The longer this continues the better

Since the start of season I have said that the only way this club will move forward is for the board or Wenger (whoever is at fault for not spending the money) to get sacked.

The only way that will happen is if we do badly. In my book the more results like this the better for the club, in the long run. I said 2 years ago Wenger should go because it was obvious which way the club was heading and that was backwards. A lot of people disagreed but finally most of them are coming around the idea that we are going backwards. Results like this can only help.

Long may it continue. Another trophyless season and most importantly finish outside the top 4.

The stadium project is now complete so we should be able to compete in the transfer market (to a certain extent. I know competing with Man City is impossible). Instead the club are sitting on £115m in the bank and telling us that we can't compete while charging us highest season ticket prices in the world. Disgraceful.

We need a new manager, ideally a new board and new players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see your point but then i genuinely cant get how fans can actually want their club to lose and do shit at any point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    i see your point but then i genuinely cant get how fans can actually want their club to lose and do shit at any point

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't a good post because it fails to grasp the rationale behind the OP. Nobody wants their club to lose, but lets not kid ourselves, unless the people running this Club receive a major shock, nothing will happen that will result in this Club actually winning anything in the forseeable future.

We either take major lumps now, or we continue to endure a slow and painful slide down the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    It isn't a good post because it fails to grasp the rationale behind the OP. Nobody wants their club to lose, but lets not kid ourselves, unless the people running this Club receive a major shock, nothing will happen that will result in this Club actually winning anything in the forseeable future.

We either take major lumps now, or we continue to endure a slow and painful slide down the table.
    So my idea about locking the board in a room and burning it is totally out then?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So my idea about locking the board in a room and burning it is totally out then?
    I'd prefer something a little less humane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    I'd prefer something a little less humane.
    Fair point. I'd suggest taking their money away but I'm not into extremism.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is, if we'd have won the Carling Cup last season, Wenger would have felt some sort of vindication for his belief in our youth policy and we'd have probably still insist on not buying. It really is sad and I can't see anything changing unless there is a huge shock to the system.

We can't even blame the transfers anymore. Wenger is just a washed up coach. Tactically, he's over the hill. It doesn't matter who he buys, he'll fuck it up some how. He'll play them out of position or won't even bother to play them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger can't just keep shifting the goalposts all the time.

To go from "winning the Premiership=success" to "qualifying for the Champions League=success" shows just how complacent he's become.

I can't help but think that he'll try and put a positive spin on us finishing 5th (if we even do finish 5th) at the end of the season. Something to do with the money that City, ManUre, Sp*rs and Chelsea have spent in comparison to us, and this giving us ample reason for complaint. Moreover, it won't actually be a smoke-screen either. Wenger will believe the shite he's going to be spouting.
    Formerly TMOKJ