User Tag List

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    If we weren't in such a shit show right now with us desperately needing to at least get CL football to re-establish ourselves then I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Arteta. The guy has put in the legwork to learn the trade from the best in the game and seems to have an intelligent head on his shoulders.

However given that we're a mess right now we have to think short term and go for someone who can make an immediate impact. Jardim or Simeone are the two names but with Chelsea, RM all certain to look for new manager this summer we have to move quick for them.
    Arsenal needs to move quick? Isn't that asking the impossible?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think he will be gone if we don't win the Europa League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Not if he sacks everyone and brings in a horse and a selection of potted plants.

Who's going to do the job of telling him to his face to fuck off? That's what it's going to take. Clearly the guy has no awareness of not being wanted, of having stayed far too long, of being in a position that's untenable. All that has gone right over his head and he's talking about emulating his crisis management successes of the past, which of course don't exist.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be gone but will be gone? Doubt it.

The board sacking him less than half way through a 2 year contract they offered him would make their decision making look amateur, which is they won’t sack him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stan will have to sign it off. And I can't see that happening.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Arsenal needs to move quick? Isn't that asking the impossible?
    tbf with the recent change to the backroom team (Sven & Raul) and our transfer business over Winter, I do think there's a genuine desire to rectify the situation quickly from Ivan.

The only problem is that old goat who still remains in charge and Ivan lacking the power to fire him without Stan's permission. Once that can be done I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us act like a competent and well-run club.

They mentioned this in the Arseblog Extra podcast but one of the problems is that apart from Ken Friar, none of the current board have any experience in sacking managers, let alone ones with the clout & influence that Wenger has at the club.

I think there's no chance he's going to get fired before the end of the season regardless of how worse it gets and even him getting nudged out in the summer seems a 50/50 at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    He should be gone but will be gone? Doubt it.

The board sacking him less than half way through a 2 year contract they offered him would make their decision making look amateur, which is they won’t sack him.
    Their stewardship of the club makes them look amateur too, that doesn't seem to bother them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger needs to be fired

Out of a cannon
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbf with the recent change to the backroom team (Sven & Raul) and our transfer business over Winter, I do think there's a genuine desire to rectify the situation quickly from Ivan.

The only problem is that old goat who still remains in charge and Ivan lacking the power to fire him without Stan's permission. Once that can be done I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us act like a competent and well-run club.

They mentioned this in the Arseblog Extra podcast but one of the problems is that apart from Ken Friar, none of the current board have any experience in sacking managers, let alone ones with the clout & influence that Wenger has at the club.

I think there's no chance he's going to get fired before the end of the season regardless of how worse it gets and even him getting nudged out in the summer seems a 50/50 at best.
    If that's how it pans out we can expect this club to end up destroyed. We'll be a mid table, shit kicking, boring nothing team with every player looking to jump shit and nobody wanting to come here. I can't see how that satisfies Stan's lust for asset value. It's probably true Stan won't act for the good of the football club, because he doesn't know what football is. He's even had to send his son over on a fact finding mission. But when the value of the club stops rising and starts reversing, which surely it must given the downward spiral in results and reputation and the growing resentment in the fan base, then I'm sure we'll hear from the fat leech Stan. I wonder how long that will take? I wonder how much damage will be done.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we weren't in such a shit show right now with us desperately needing to at least get CL football to re-establish ourselves then I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Arteta. The guy has put in the legwork to learn the trade from the best in the game and seems to have an intelligent head on his shoulders.

However given that we're a mess right now we have to think short term and go for someone who can make an immediate impact. Jardim or Simeone are the two names but with Chelsea, RM all certain to look for new manager this summer we have to move quick for them.
    When do we ever do anything quickly, as always it will take us forever to identify someone, by then everyone else would have cherry picked all the best options and we'll be left with the scraps. On the plus side you pay less for scraps, so it's win win.