User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Song Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Song Thread

Im not surprised that there hasnt been one started yet. He's the most underrated player on our team. I once slagged him off when he would venture too far forward however he has shown that he has a great touch and eye for a pass. Hes had a couple of off form games of late however on the whole, I think hes been excellent.

Anyone agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a wonderful range of passing. He's developed very nicely indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him.He has a few "mare" games but not many. He also gets a little complacent but adds something to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He takes risks - and we need somebody who can do that. He has the ability to pick out some fantastic passes. He also has the tendency to be very sloppy and make basic errors. Overall, he's pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He started the season well (apart from his stupid ban) but over the last few months had become really poor. As a senior member of the team, he should be composed and solid. He was a mess (like everyone else tbf).

Today's performance was Song at his best, when he shows he's one of the best central midfielders in the League by some distance.

Not a coincidence that he looks better with Arteta back in the team, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's capable of going mental now and then, but in terms of all round play, he is certainly one of the best CM's in the league for my money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is a very good player for us, seems to have cut out the silly tackles early in games and picking up an early yellow card too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him a lot as a player. He's one of the more senior members of the team now so is probably thriving on the responsibility. He's definitely been our best midfielder this season too and by some distance IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unsong hero he is, but he has been off form recently, though i suppose he has had to carry Ramsey for a while.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are set to offer midfielder Alex Song an improved long-term deal, according to The Daily Mail.

The 24-year-old’s recent form in the middle of the park has helped push the Gunners into third in the Premier League following six straight wins.

Song’s current contract is thought to be worth around £55,000 a week and expires in 2014, but Arsene Wenger has instructed chief executive Stan Gazidis to start work on tying the former Bastia man to a new deal.

A revised contract is thought to be in the works and is understood to be worth around £75,000 a week, which would make the midfielder one of Arsenal’s highest earners.

Despite the news, Wenger is keen to further bolster the Gunners' strength in midfield by securing the services of Rennes man Yann M’Vila.

The 21-year-old is high on the club’s list of targets and, with the French side resigned to losing the hot prospect, they are willing to part with £17 million in order to bring the player to England.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...with-new-five-