User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Fulham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I watch THAT third goal, the more i think the best touch was Bellerin's to Ramsey, brilliant vision and technique - i don't suppose anyone knows how to make gifs and could capture that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Sometimes they are when the guy in charge makes amateurish error after amateurish error and refuses to change the obvious!
    Maybe it’s just me, but I’d take the choice of a new manager who has overseen hundreds of games over the advice of some random on the internet. Daft I know. There’s a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes we are not privy to which makes external judgements half-cocked, even it relates to what’s on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but I’d take the choice of a new manager who has overseen hundreds of games over the advice of some random on the internet. Daft I know. There’s a hell of a lot more going on behind the scenes we are not privy to which makes external judgements half-cocked, even it relates to what’s on the pitch.
    You're the one that signed up to discuss football on GW with complete randoms, genius. Yes, you are the daft one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He was brilliant for Lyon, sadly last season it wasn't working for him, Wenger didn't get the best out of him, didn't play him enough and to be honest I'm not convinced he rated him.

Fast forward 6 months and he looks a different player, the guy is an out and out finisher, that's what he does, he gets goals, sometimes out of nowhere, he's not someone who's going to produce fancy buld up play or bring players into a match, that's not his job, his job is to score goals. The last manager never rated that attribute and never understood the importance, he wanted a forward who could link up and bring other players in even if he was awful in front of goal, which explains why Giroud was number 1 for so long.

Good to see a manager who values the basics of football, been crying out for a manager who sees and accepts the simple things in football, love the fact Lacazette and Aubameyang are played in the same team as well.
    I think he's more than just a goal-scorer and a finisher - his hold up play is fantastic, he brings his team mates into the attack like no one else in the squad, right across the pitch, and he grafts hard to win the ball from the front. Oddly enough, I think he's the exact player Wenger hoped Giroud would be for us, but with mobility and goals...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The more I watch THAT third goal, the more i think the best touch was Bellerin's to Ramsey, brilliant vision and technique - i don't suppose anyone knows how to make gifs and could capture that?
    It was a great flick. Reminded my of that Ozil assist for Giroud.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I think he's more than just a goal-scorer and a finisher - his hold up play is fantastic, he brings his team mates into the attack like no one else in the squad, right across the pitch, and he grafts hard to win the ball from the front. Oddly enough, I think he's the exact player Wenger hoped Giroud would be for us, but with mobility and goals...
    Agree on that. He’s more than just a finisher that gets on the end of moves. He’s busy providing key passes that helps to start a counter attack. He’s playing the link up role Wenger wanted from Giroud but he also has the ability to finish off moves like a true number 9. He’s earned his place on the squad from making an impact off the bench and seeing a clear difference in how we play once he’s on the pitch. He’s a key player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah really impressed with Lacazette, he’s turned into a different animal this season. His confidence was shot last year when he went through that drought and Wenger compounded the issue by constantly taking him off. Now he’s come back hungry and seems to have a really infectious attitude that’s great for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know what formation we were supposed to be playing at the start of the game but I liked the fact we made it work anyhow and all the changes seemed to have positive influences on the team.

I thought Iwobi was unfortunate to come off, but obviously without it THAT goal which really was a thing of beauty never happens. If the angle of Mhki's final ball in that wasn't as acute as it was I don't think Ramsey would have opted for the finish he did. I thought his celebration was slightly subdued due to the off the field stuff, but it didn't take away from witnessing it.

I would still bring Sokratis back into the side though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I would still bring Sokratis back into the side though.
    without doubt our best possible starting eleven features Sokratis rather than Mustafi and almost anyone instead of Xhaka, hopefully AMN once he's back but i still feel Elneny's not getting much of a looking atm which is a bit of a shame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still love that last goal - really exemplifies how the team are being drilled to move the ball forward as quickly and as efficiently as possible. By all means knock it around and be cute with the passing when you have to, but when the field opens up like that, f--k it! Just go straight through the middle. I love that all 4 players involved were alert to it and ready to play the passes that needed to be made...