User Tag List

Page 40 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Postecoglou the Muppet & other Spuds sh!t.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    But he’s basing all that on internet reaction which is full of retards anyway – it’s pretty lazy journalism really.
    tbf in the modern era 90% of fans are accessible through the internet so it can build quite an accurate picture of fanbase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but it doesn't offer a measured reaction, only what pops into the head at that moment. i go to every home game at arsenal and the general feeling is different to the one on here for example. samuels should get his butt down to the lane next season and ask the guys that go every week and see what they think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ile-again.html

Crooknapp's piece in The Sun, for those who can stomach reading.

ME ME ME ME ME.

What an odious piece of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ile-again.html

Crooknapp's piece in The Sun, for those who can stomach reading.

ME ME ME ME ME.

What an odious piece of shit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    not really. every man and his dog can see that harry's a great man manager and for you to suggest otherwise is quite laughable. in fact, if its anything he is bloody good at its exactly that; getting the best out of ordinary players. he gives players the confidence to perform and its proven to be rather successful apart from the odd player here or there. their collapse towards the end of the season had nothing to do with man management, so once again your argument is baffling. it came down to tactics; he insisted on playing a 4-4-2 system which meant their central midfield was overpowered too easily, notably against man utd when they played like the away team even though they were at home. he also played modric out wide on the right instead of through the middle which meant they lacked creativity, and he refused to play lennon for the run in. none of that has to do with man management. its being tactically inept.

i think the job he's done at spurs is rather decent but i do think he's tactically incompetent; becoming england manager would have been a farce because the last thing the national team need is a players mate coming in and applying fuck all tactics. they needed a roy to organise them and its working well so far. im not trying to suggest harry's the best manager in the league because he's far from it, and every time i see that melted face i feel like spitting at the tv, but to dismiss his work as a fluke or downgrade it is also quite unfair. read this piece by martin samuel, i think he sums it up quite well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-history.html
    his players couldnt be arsed last season. for a great man manager to perside over that collaspe proves he isnt. his team couldnt be arsed. when they were 2-0 up against us, he was happy, suddenly at 2-2 he just sat there, hands in pocket and had a go at some arsenal fans. hardly great management?

how many times did they have a chance to get back at us? villa for them, that game if they won they would have got 3rd. he didnt get them going, not because of tatics but because he failed to be a great motivator etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#04558B !important]3[/COLOR]

James Olley and Tom Collomosse

15 June 2012

Tottenham are battling to avoid *paying millions of pounds in bonuses after a row broke out with several senior players over fees relating to Champions League qualification.

Standard Sport understands there are several senior players at the club claiming they are entitled to a one-off payment because they finished last season in the top four of the Premier League.
    The exact amounts are unclear with each player receiving a figure partly dependent on their status within the squad but it is believed that each individual could be entitled to a six-figure pay-out.
    In any normal season, a top-four place would have been sufficient to reach a Champions League qualification play-off game and trigger the bonus written into the vast majority of player contracts at White Hart Lane.
    However, Chelsea’s win against Bayern Munich in the final condemned Spurs to a second successive Europa League campaign and partly contributed to Harry Redknapp’s departure from White Hart Lane as manager.
    But the players have been advised they may have sufficient legal grounds to force the club to pay up because they fulfilled their part of the bargain.
    Essentially, the disagreement comes down to the wording of each individual contract. Should a player’s contract state the bonus is paid for “a top‑four finish”, then they have grounds for complaint but if it is “in the event of Champions League qualification” or a similar phrasing, then the club are on firm ground.
    Talks are understood to be ongoing involving chairman Daniel Levy and a representative of several players, while it is also thought to have been a sticking point in finalising Redknapp’s pay‑off given the bonus was also written into his contract.
    For Redknapp, his immediate options regarding another job are limited. There is firm interest from Al Jazira of the United Arab Emirates, who are ready to make a highly lucrative offer to take him to the Middle East.
    Meanwhile, Andre Villas-Boas will be sounded out about the manager’s job as Levy contemplates a return to a European-style structure.
    Villas-Boas is a leading contender to succeed Redknapp as Spurs examine the possibility of bringing in a foreign coach, along with a technical director.
    The 34-year-old was sacked by Chelsea in March after less than nine months in charge but unlike some of the candidates, he is available now and Spurs would not have to pay compensation.
    Should Levy recreate a two-tier management system, as he had in previous years with Frank Arnesen and then Damien Comolli, there could be a more senior role for coach Tim Sherwood.

[/COLOR]

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan said he would allow Spurs to speak to his boss Roberto Martinez, who has admirers at White Hart Lane, and it is also understood Everton manager David Moyes is keen to listen to Spurs’ proposals.
    oh when the wheels....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you imagine if Redknapp actually had the nerve to try a grab a CL bonus? Him fucking off chasing the England job had to contribute in part to their collapse, now he wants a bonus for it? Facking dodgy geezer init?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    his players couldnt be arsed last season. for a great man manager to perside over that collaspe proves he isnt. his team couldnt be arsed. when they were 2-0 up against us, he was happy, suddenly at 2-2 he just sat there, hands in pocket and had a go at some arsenal fans. hardly great management?

how many times did they have a chance to get back at us? villa for them, that game if they won they would have got 3rd. he didnt get them going, not because of tatics but because he failed to be a great motivator etc
    players couldnt be arsed course mate, i mean thats such a rational conclusion to make especially as you have full access to the dressing room. the collapse had little to do with man management and was a result of a string of unmitigated circumstances coming together, ranging from bad tactics, to distractions off field, to injuries and red cards (danny rose got sent off after 48 minutes in that villa game you keep bleating on about. so hardly man management is it?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All we can say for sure is 'Arry is out on his arse, didn't get the England job, the spuds blew it and are still behind us and the chavs nicked their CL spot. So all in all:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer ****.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Can you imagine if Redknapp actually had the nerve to try a grab a CL bonus? Him fucking off chasing the England job had to contribute in part to their collapse, now he wants a bonus for it? Facking dodgy geezer init?
    I want him and the players to all get their bonuses. With a bit of luck, spuds will go bust.