Page 229 of 233 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2324

Thread: Funny and Cool Video and Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That's an ironic statement coming from you, given your comments about Christianity on the other thread.

I'm just backing up what I said with some facts and statistics.

I'm sure there are. I never claimed it was the only factor. But I do know that claiming to be a Christian is a big tick in the box for a lot of people in the US when they're deciding who to vote for. What completely baffles me is that they don't then scrutinise their actions to see if they in any way tally with Christian teachings.
    There are people at church who feel the same way about Trump, I just don't understand it. The argument seems to be "yes, he keeps spouting racism, misogyny, bigotry and now he's admitted sexually assaulting women and then dismissed it as banter, but...he's pro life". Sheesh.

You say that immigration, employment, defence and the economy are the issues on which Trump has built his support. But he doesn't have any coherent policy about any of those issues apart from "we're going to build a wall and make Mexico pay".

I don't know why you're bringing race or gender into it.
    I think some people make a more informed decision in elections than others, let's leave it at that.
    Who did you vote for?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last election? I voted for David Burrows, a Tory MP who I know is a Christian.
    I've met him a couple of times and I know he's not just a token one.
    It was just happenstance though that I happened to have a local option who is a Christian, I'm moving soon and I imagine will be in a different constituency, no idea what the options will be like there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last election? I voted for David Burrows, a Tory MP who I know is a Christian.
    I've met him a couple of times and I know he's not just a token one.
    It was just happenstance though that I happened to have a local option who is a Christian, I'm moving soon and I imagine will be in a different constituency, no idea what the options will be like there.
    So you voted Tory because the MP was Christian?

I can't keep up with you, you are totally oblivious to your own hypocrisy. Those idiot religious yanks are just dumb zombies who don't think beyond religion when they vote. Evil fucks, they don't stop for a second to think about the consequence of that vote. They just mindlessly pull the lever. Bit like the Leave campaigners here in the UK who similarly didn't know what they were voting for, braindead idiots, racists.

Not like you. The guy who voted TORY because the Christian was running. The guy who certainly would never vote without thinking about the consequences of that vote. Does that mean you DID think about the consequences of your vote then? And still voted Tory? Is that because Jesus said the rich shall inherit the earth and the meek shall fucking pay for it?

It's good you are a man of your principles.

You, in fact, are the poster child for what every progressive political mind has to confront and overcome. The sheer weight of your numbers could stop the world turning.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So you voted Tory because the MP was Christian?
    It was a factor but not the only one. The fact I know him a bit and think he's a good guy also helped.
    I certainly didn't mindlessly vote for someone who claims to be a Christian when their actions constantly show that they are not, as a lot in the US are doing.
    And I'm not going to be lectured on how I vote by someone who doesn't bother to and does nothing else to effect change other than pontificate on a messageboard no-one reads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a factor but not the only one. The fact I know him a bit and think he's a good guy also helped.
    I certainly didn't mindlessly vote for someone who claims to be a Christian when their actions constantly show that they are not, as a lot in the US are doing.
    And I'm not going to be lectured on how I vote by someone who doesn't bother to and does nothing else to effect change other than pontificate on a messageboard no-one reads.

I'm not telling you how to vote. i'm calling you a massive fucking hypocrite, which seems fair enough seeing as you just proved it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually just showed that the things you said about the people and the US weren't the same as the way I voted and my reasons for it
    But that's ok, facts don't matter any more it seems and as Trump is proving.
    You can just say stuff and people whoop and cheer, doesn't actually matter if it's true. Probably why you always sneer at articles backing up opinions, using facts is cheating.
    The final stage of ZD. Brain death

Cheer up though, Arsenal might lose a game soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually just showed that the things you said about the people and the US weren't the same as the way I voted and my reasons for it
    But that's ok, facts don't matter any more it seems and as Trump is proving.
    You can just say stuff and people whoop and cheer, doesn't actually matter if it's true. Probably why you always sneer at articles backing up opinions, using facts is cheating.
    The final stage of ZD. Brain death

Cheer up though, Arsenal might lose a game soon
    Here's what you said.

But I do know that claiming to be a Christian is a big tick in the box for a lot of people in the US when they're deciding who to vote for. What completely baffles me is that they don't then scrutinise their actions to see if they in any way tally with Christian teachings.
    But this is normal for you. You also dismiss Leave voters as racists, bigots, stupid, unaware. Basically anyone who holds opposing views or motivations to yourself, they're racist, stupid, uninformed. They don't consider the consequences of their actions.

And yet you, the christian, have done precisely what you ignorantly blanket condemn others for. What is the inevitable result of a vote for the Tories? They represent the rich at the expense of the poor and always have done. The record books are clear on this. But you absolve yourself by hiding behind another so-called man of God, this christian who somehow is a Tory MP, a fundamental contradiction. I suppose his mere presence has curtailed the worst excesses of the Tory machine then? No taxing the poor and letting the rich skip off for free, no victimising the weakest members of society? None of that is happening? Or has it all come as a massive surprise to you? When did Jesus' teachings call for taking the poor and the downtrodden and fucking them hard until they bleed?

Go ahead, let's hear another lame justification for you rank hypocrisy. And don't forget, you are the guy making sweeping statements about vast swathes of your fellow man. I see you noticed my posting elsewhere, talking about your religion. Sounds like you didn't like that much. All I was doing was copying you for illustrative purposes.

I started watching that documentary by Adam Curtis. Hyper-normalisation. The fantasy world in which most people live. The manner in which they can and must delude themselves so they can suffer the turmoil of cognitive dissonance with a rictus smile. You should watch it too and then if you genuinely are a christian you should change your attitude bloody sharpish unless your own route to the promised land ends up via the eye of a needle.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I dismiss racists, bigoted, stupid people as Leave voters. You're mixing up cause and effect.

Do you think that a Labour government (particularly the one on offer last time out, this was pre-Corbyn) would have championed the poor? Pretty sure the gap between the haves and have nots grew under the last Labour government too...
    There is no option I could vote for which is in line with Christian principles, any vote was a compromise as it would be were I able to vote in the US election

Better that than not having the balls to make a decision at all and not voting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I dismiss racists, bigoted, stupid people as Leave voters. You're mixing up cause and effect.

Do you think that a Labour government (particularly the one on offer last time out, this was pre-Corbyn) would have championed the poor? Pretty sure the gap between the haves and have nots grew under the last Labour government too...
    There is no option I could vote for which is in line with Christian principles, any vote was a compromise as it would be were I able to vote in the US election

Better that than not having the balls to make a decision at all and not voting...
    LOL - missed this! The post where Letters manages to take his rank hypocrisy in voting for the least awful anti-Christian values candidate and then equating that to a ballsy act.

Us cowards hide behind our principles and convictions I guess.
    Für eure Sicherheit