User Tag List

Page 2877 of 3191 FirstFirst ... 1877237727772827286728752876287728782879288729272977 ... LastLast
Results 28,761 to 28,770 of 31909

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    In other words, your liberal nightmare that you condone most of the time but hypocritically condemn when you think it will send out a suitable virtue signal. You are seriously fucking confused, aren't you? Kids like this can only exist if they live in the sewer people like you make for them.
    It was a joke, stop drinking and calm down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It was a joke, stop drinking and calm down...
    In this day and age, use of the 'n' word, 'queer' and many others is not consider acceptable behaviour on a public form. Private banter between friends is a different area and is (and should remain) a relatively free area.

If anyone thinks that use of those terms is acceptable, then I can only what century they have been living in or which planet the have been on for the last few decades.

I don't follow PC to the letter - that goes ridiculously too far - but use of terms like queer is not acceptable. In this case, it is not just the use of the word. A kid is dancing and enjoying himself. Calling him gay as 'a joke' means you consider being gay as a joke in itsself. Again. where have people been to think that is an acceptable attitude.

And when it is done by a moderator, wtf????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally just explained what I was referencing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    In this day and age, use of the 'n' word, 'queer' and many others is not consider acceptable behaviour on a public form.
    This, with respect, is nonsense.
    Words in themselves can’t be sexist/racist/etc.
    There is always context.
    “To Kill A Mockingbird” uses ‘the n word’ liberally because it is dealing with a time when that word was used routinely by certain people, certainly in the parts of America it is set in.
    Does that mean the book is racist or should be banned?
    Obviously not, it’s a powerful statement against racism.
    Context is always key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I literally just explained what I was referencing
    Not on the original post. In any case, why bother linking the kid dancing to gays? Cheap gag at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always context.
    “To Kill A Mockingbird” uses ‘the n word’ liberally because it is dealing with a time when that word was used routinely by certain people, certainly in the parts of America it is set in.
    Context is always key.
    ...and there was no context on the original post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not on the original post. In any case, why bother linking the kid dancing to gays? Cheap gag at best.
    Agreed. It was a cheap gag. And yeah, not a particularly good one.
    I wasn’t expecting anyone to take it that seriously and this is hardly a high profile site.
    And before you say “maybe it would be high profile if you moderated properly”, I don’t really agree. The whole concept of message boards has declined over the last decade as people moved on to other social media sites. Most of the mod team oversaw the rise of the site and we’ve overseen the decline of it. We did admittedly used to moderate more strictly but so few people post here now I would argue that it has almost become that private chat amongst a few mates which you talked about above. Obviously one which is publicly viewable, but I doubt anyone does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this day and age, use of the 'n' word, 'queer' and many others is not consider acceptable behaviour on a public form. Private banter between friends is a different area and is (and should remain) a relatively free area.

If anyone thinks that use of those terms is acceptable, then I can only what century they have been living in or which planet the have been on for the last few decades.

I don't follow PC to the letter - that goes ridiculously too far - but use of terms like queer is not acceptable. In this case, it is not just the use of the word. A kid is dancing and enjoying himself. Calling him gay as 'a joke' means you consider being gay as a joke in itsself. Again. where have people been to think that is an acceptable attitude.

And when it is done by a moderator, wtf????
    You do realise that queers stick their dicks up each other's arseholes, right? Why is it "not acceptable" to find that revolting? I find it revolting. I don't like queers, not one little bit. BUT, provided they don't try to push their filth on me or mine I don't have any right to tell them what they can or can't do in their own time. Just as PC fucks don't have any right to tell me how to speak or think. Live and let live is a fine philosophy. Only arrogant authoritarian fucks would disagree.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always context.
    Context is always key.
    What the hell is "the n word?"

Blacks call themselves niggers, why is the word reserved for their usage? You can't have any sort of justice with an inconsistent standard, it's impossible for it to be justice.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And before you say “maybe it would be high profile if you moderated properly”, I don’t really agree.
    Straw man!