Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: All things Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Other boards I've looked at have far stricter moderation
    Not sure I agree, there's another big Arsenal forum where they get away with a whole lot more than you'd get away with here to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Does it really matter? I'm not censoring anyone, no posts were deleted, I explained what I did and the conversation has continued.
    This IS the right place to talk about Wenger - and yes, I guess I should apply that consistently but I generally don't bother, I did on this occasion because it was turning into a more protracted conversation and I noticed (I don't always).
    Seems to me you apply a different rule when it's Wenger as PNG says, for some reason you don't like to see anything remotely negative regarding him, with everyone else it's fine but not Wenger, to be honest I don't get why, like you said he's gone so if anything you should be fine with it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    An underachieving club with potential (like Milan) suits his style of management and reputation I think. If he succeeds he'll go down as the man who woke a sleeping giant, if he fails it will barely be a footnote in his career. Nothing to lose.
    I don't see the merits of Wenger for any club who have any ambitions of success, there's plenty of better managers out there, why would you settle for him? As for putting Gazidis and Wenger back together, IMO it's a nonsensical decision, those two really really made a mess of Arsenal, Gazidis with his poor business acumen and Wenger with his stubborness and just simple inablity to manage at the top level, I just don't get why anyone would want to pair those two again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Yes very true, they've got a terrible record of bringing in awful managers, they're a very poor side, but spent a fortune was recently, they just don't seem to be able to employ decent managers, if they had they'd be top 4 for sure.

Money can guarantee some success, but you need to pick good managers as well, Milan seem to pick managers that are former players with little experience in management which hasn't worked very well for them, a decent manager would certainly have them challenging Napoli and possibly run Juve close, that man isn't Wenger of course as the best he can get is top 4, anything else is beyond him.
    It’s the same reason why they haven’t been able to attract the top tier managers. Partly because ownership has changed hands 3 times in as many years and also because it isn’t the most attractive job anymore. Getting them into the top 4 regularly, attracting better players is their first step. Just like us at the moment. It’s a good fit for Wenger. One they’re established again, then they can kick on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I agree, there's another big Arsenal forum where they get away with a whole lot more than you'd get away with here to be honest.
    Apart from calling everyone a cunt in every post, what can’t you do on here? Since I’ve joined I can’t say I’ve noticed many major rules being implemented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is definitely the most liberal Arsenal forum I've been on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will literally get away with grooming on here.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No panic lads. Wenger has confirmed its fake news.

Or in other words: Milan made an offer, but he did not see it
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bless your heart for implying we are still a big Arsenal forum
    I signed up to Glory Glory one time, it was around the era when our reserves got thumped by them in the Hokey Cokey Cup.
    They were creaming their collective pants about that and I posted something innocuous like "Really?" (bemused at how excited they'd got about beating our reserves) and got banned
    I'm sure there are forums where "anything goes", there are definitely other forums which are much stricter.
    Overall I think we've always had a light touch approach here and I think that's worked - I don't buy that the decline on this place has been because of overbearing moderation, if anything people have left because we've let too much go.

Thank you for your interest in our affairs though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Apart from calling everyone a cunt in every post, what can’t you do on here? Since I’ve joined I can’t say I’ve noticed many major rules being implemented.
    If you disagree with the general viewpoint you can get banned on here, you just need to say one thing wrong, it's not so much the case now but certainly in the Wenger days if a mod didn't like what you were saying then you were in trouble, a number of people got banned because of it, it was seen as wumming, but in fact it was just not agreeing with the opinion of many on the board.

If you agreed you could get away with a fair amount however.

I don't really agree with that to be honest, you should be able to have a different view to others about the management/club etc that doesn't warrant banning, if you do something ut of order than fine, but some have and have got away with it, but those who were anti Wenger never did.