User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Easter Weekend Fixtures & Midweek (30/31 Mar & 02/03/04 April)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea 4-3 Man Utd, Palmer hat-trick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-3 ok that’s less funny

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea 4-3 Man Utd, FT!

Ten Hag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    4-3 ok that’s less funny
    I respectfully disagree.

Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

Utd
    3-3 would have given us chance to laugh at both sides

Don’t get me wrong it makes little material difference, both sides are terrible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten Hag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have to say, I don’t buy into the assertion that Liverpool are favourites for the title

And it shows you that these modelling algorithms lack human instinct.

Liverpool are quite a wasteful side when you consider the absolute territorial domination they enjoy in most of their home games. I think this is characterised by players like Darwin Nunez, who looks like a decent goalscorer if and only if you don’t factor in the amount of chances he misses.

I called him the Uruguayan Giroud the other day, and I absolutely stick with this. Giroud had a good goal scoring record but the reason he frustrated so many Arsenal fans is because the myriad chances he missed.

Ultimately at Anfield and at the Emirates the two players that I regarded as giving us problems were Salah and Diaz. I highly rate both of these players, Salah for obvious reasons and Diaz is an exceptional player who would have fit right in with the Liverpool team of four years ago, his pace, his technique are very impressive.

Gakpo, Nunez, Jota (ok I like Jota but he can’t stay fit) not so good

I don’t think there’s a great deal of difference between their midfield then and now, but their great strength never was central midfield it was the domination of their wingbacks and their interchangeable front three.

Players like Fabinho and to a lesser degree Henderson were good at protecting the back four (and bolstered by a top centre back in Virgil Van Dijk)

They don’t have that now….Gravenberch is decent but no more, same with Endo. And Van Dijk like any player who is now into his thirties no longer has the mobility to turn that he once did, he doesn’t you notice push up as much as he did (the way Saliba and Gabriel do)

Now that said they are still two points ahead of us, after 30 games. I think this is a huge testament to Klopp and his ability to get the best out of players. They still edge us in terms of goalscoring outlets but overall? Both our squad and city’s is far superior. And an incoming coach is going to have all kinds of problems trying to emulate what Klopp has achieved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-3 would have given us chance to laugh at both sides

Don’t get me wrong it makes little material difference, both sides are terrible
    I think any result could have been enjoyed in different ways, but the amusement of conceding two goals that late more than makes up for the irritation of Chelsea winning. For me, anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have to say, I don’t buy into the assertion that Liverpool are favourites for the title

And it shows you that these modelling algorithms lack human instinct.

Liverpool are quite a wasteful side when you consider the absolute territorial domination they enjoy in most of their home games. I think this is characterised by players like Darwin Nunez, who looks like a decent goalscorer if and only if you don’t factor in the amount of chances he misses.

I called him the Uruguayan Giroud the other day, and I absolutely stick with this. Giroud had a good goal scoring record but the reason he frustrated so many Arsenal fans is because the myriad chances he missed.

Ultimately at Anfield and at the Emirates the two players that I regarded as giving us problems were Salah and Diaz. I highly rate both of these players, Salah for obvious reasons and Diaz is an exceptional player who would have fit right in with the Liverpool team of four years ago, his pace, his technique are very impressive.

Gakpo, Nunez, Jota (ok I like Jota but he can’t stay fit) not so good

I don’t think there’s a great deal of difference between their midfield then and now, but their great strength never was central midfield it was the domination of their wingbacks and their interchangeable front three.

Players like Fabinho and to a lesser degree Henderson were good at protecting the back four (and bolstered by a top centre back in Virgil Van Dijk)

They don’t have that now….Gravenberch is decent but no more, same with Endo. And Van Dijk like any player who is now into his thirties no longer has the mobility to turn that he once did, he doesn’t you notice push up as much as he did (the way Saliba and Gabriel do)

Now that said they are still two points ahead of us, after 30 games. I think this is a huge testament to Klopp and his ability to get the best out of players. They still edge us in terms of goalscoring outlets but overall? Both our squad and city’s is far superior. And an incoming coach is going to have all kinds of problems trying to emulate what Klopp has achieved.
    I think if they win at Old Trafford (they probably will) then I would put them as favourites for sure. At the moment I think City’s run in gives them the edge.

This is not the strongest version of Klopp’s Liverpool but they’re in with a shout of multiple trophies again and that speaks volumes as to how good he is. I have no doubt they’re in for a bit of a struggle next season unless they find another generational coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think if they win at Old Trafford (they probably will) then I would put them as favourites for sure. At the moment I think City’s run in gives them the edge.

This is not the strongest version of Klopp’s Liverpool but they’re in with a shout of multiple trophies again and that speaks volumes as to how good he is. I have no doubt they’re in for a bit of a struggle next season unless they find another generational coach.
    Yes. Winning at OT will not only see Liverpool deal with what looks like their trickiest remaining fixture (they always win at home) but will be a significant phsycholgical boost to a team that looks capable of vibing their way to the title. It's been impressive how they have dealt with their injuries this season. I'm hoping those Sp*rs twats take points from City when they eventually play them at home but of course they won't. It's difficult to see a title for us without winning all our remaining games Those Xmas results against Fulham and West Ham may come back to bite us...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter