Page 152 of 322 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Atletico signed Gelson Martins on a free, got to give that club credit they have an eye for talent and don't waste any time.

Considering he was free if money is an issue for us we should have snapped him up, very good player, will probably thrive at Atletico and be worth 70-80 million in a few years.
    Every player will be worth at least 80m in a few years, if we keep on at this rate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Every player will be worth at least 80m in a few years, if we keep on at this rate!
    The bubble will eventually burst. I highly doubt big broadcasters like Sky and BT Sports can continue to payout such huge amounts of money for licensing. They don't generate enough revenue to cover the debt they're racking up. New players will come in to vote for the rights but I doubt they'll pay as much. TV habits are changing. The money isn't the same and they'll have to come up with a new model.

When that happens, clubs that haven't got their own house in order will suffer. With all this money rolling in they should really invest in their infrastructure and having a presence in the local community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    The bubble will eventually burst. I highly doubt big broadcasters like Sky and BT Sports can continue to payout such huge amounts of money for licensing. They don't generate enough revenue to cover the debt they're racking up.
    haven't sky justed announced like the 11 consecutive year of increase profits hence a bidding competition for control from COMCAST and FOX. so maybe the money they are paying out is affordable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    haven't sky justed announced like the 11 consecutive year of increase profits hence a bidding competition for control from COMCAST and FOX. so maybe the money they are paying out is affordable.
    I don't how these companies pull this witchcraft when it comes to reporting profits and revenue but it's all based on debt management.

https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/201...-plc-for-2018/

Perception is everything. Netflix have a ridiculous amount of debt and once those unimpressive subscriber numbers came back their share prices took a hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing is forever...the question is when rather than if. It's not letting up anytime soon though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Nothing is forever...the question is when rather than if. It's not letting up anytime soon though.
    These sort of things tend to happen quickly when nobody expects it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why Xhaka and Iwobi are getting new contracts. If they suddenly have good seasons, we can sell for a higher price.
    Neither good enough for Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Richarlison is worth £50M, and Mitrovic is worth £27M, the Chavs can fuck right off with their alleged £30M bid for Ramsey. Mind you, it wouldn’t surprise me if our board sold him on the cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey will go to Chelsea or stay without signing a new deal.

If Arsenal will not allow him to stay without signing then he will go to Chelsea.

He won't sign a new deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These sort of things tend to happen quickly when nobody expects it.
    Things may reach a peak and stabilise but the 'bubble' won't burst for the foreseeable future.....ie the next 5 years imo.....unless FFP grows a pair, is made more robust and/or is reformed.