User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do we have to do for Wenger to keep his job?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win the FA Cup

0 0%
  • Finish 4th

1 3.85%
  • Win the FA Cup AND finish 4th

6 23.08%
  • I don't care how we do this season, I want him gone regardless.

19 73.08%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger Staying?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger Staying?

What do we have to do for you to be OK with Wenger staying? Would an FA Cup win and breaking the no trophy hoo-doo be enough? Do we need to finish 4th? Or is there nothing he can do now after another league collapse and you want him gone regardless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FA Cup and finishing 4th.

Anything other than that, and he has to go

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think 4th and FA Cup will probably be what's required for him to stay, and again i don't mean otherwise the board will sack him because i think we could lose every game between now and the end of the season and the board won't sack him. But i think he will walk away if he doesn't achieve both aims, and he will sign a two year extension if he does.
    To be honest i have reached the point where i think he is long past his sell by date in terms of acheiving anything really big with the club, i don't want him to be pushed out by the kind of fans who can't seem to mention wenger without invoking the C Bomb but i'd hope he swallows his pride and decides it's not working for him anymore. Whilst a younger man could change his approach a man of 64 years is probably a bit too entrenched in his own way of thinking to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want him gone regardless. I would like him to go out on a high after achieving CL football and a FA Cup win, he deserves it for the work he has done at the club, he will always be a legend.

I just feel he is definitely not the right man to take us forward and there are way too many question marks over him these days, I don't trust him to have a successful transfer window, I don't trust him tactically. I just think when it comes to being a pure coach Arsene is found wanting these days...he's not bad, in fact he's very good at achieving the top 4 spot, but what we need now is someone to come in who is more pragmatic, someone who will make heads roll, we don't need a coach "babysitting" the players, we need someone to come in and demand results and performances, someone who is not afraid to spend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is time for arsenal to move on to a new manager, it had to happen sometime but it would be good to finish 4th and the FA Cup at least Wenger can go head held high. The board wont sack him, so it will be totally down to Wenger if he stays or not which is not really the way it should work as no one is bigger than Arsenal but sometimes it does appear that Wenger is treated that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    FA Cup and finishing 4th.

Anything other than that, and he has to go
    That's the way I voted but I do understand the view that after another collapse we should move on regardless of how we do.
    I have a lingering hope that an FA Cup win could be a springboard for further success, particularly as we should have the money to compete better now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I want him gone regardless. I would like him to go out on a high after achieving CL football and a FA Cup win, he deserves it for the work he has done at the club, he will always be a legend.

I just feel he is definitely not the right man to take us forward and there are way too many question marks over him these days, I don't trust him to have a successful transfer window, I don't trust him tactically. I just think when it comes to being a pure coach Arsene is found wanting these days...he's not bad, in fact he's very good at achieving the top 4 spot, but what we need now is someone to come in who is more pragmatic, someone who will make heads roll, we don't need a coach "babysitting" the players, we need someone to come in and demand results and performances, someone who is not afraid to spend.
    I'm still not 100% convinced of our spending ability, but i pretty much agree with almost everything you say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think it's time for a change regardless. I might have given him the benefit of the doubt had we remained in the title race but to go from where to were to now worrying about finishing 4th is a poor show. For his sake I hope he wins the cup because he deserves it, but I really think he's yesterday's man and fallen well behind the times now.

Win the cup and go out on a high is what I'd like to see. Or if he's going to stay for another 2 years, I hope we use those 2 years wisely and prepare for life without him and sound out his successor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want him gone now to be honest, he's never going to change and adapt and therefore we'll never really be able to compete with him in charge (and I'm not talking coming 4th).

He's had plenty of time to get it right his way and he's not managed it but he's so stubborn he won't change.

It's game over for Wenger for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I want him gone now to be honest, he's never going to change and adapt and therefore we'll never really be able to compete with him in charge (and I'm not talking coming 4th).

He's had plenty of time to get it right his way and he's not managed it but he's so stubborn he won't change.

It's game over for Wenger for me.
    It's always the same shit, different year which irritates me the most about him.

If you go on the old GW board, you'll see the same topics being made countless number of times.

Enough really is enough. Tactically he's shot, and the team looks awful in attack. When we got thrashed by Liverpool/Chelsea it was literally the same display. Maureen destroyed him in his 1000th game
    Last edited by Munchies; 15-04-2014 at 02:16 PM.