User Tag List

Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The illness thing is clearly just a cover, to reduce the controversy of his not ever being picked - though whether it's him or the club that's responsible for the hralth stories is less clear

No-one (apart from one or two people on here apparently) believes it, if he started being picked the illness would be gone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't be the player deliberately not turning up. Surely contracts would deal with that and he'd be out on his ear. And to say he's not good enough even for the bench is not realistic. So must be some sort of personality issue or similar that the club is prepared to eat 350k a week for. Very odd indeed. Have we even tried to loan him out? Maybe pay half his wages?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54188430

Thiago is going to Liverpool after all it seems.

Will be interesting to see Liverpool with a more technically based midfield, given previously it was mainly the fabled 'pace and power'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Can't be the player deliberately not turning up. Surely contracts would deal with that and he'd be out on his ear. And to say he's not good enough even for the bench is not realistic. So must be some sort of personality issue or similar that the club is prepared to eat 350k a week for. Very odd indeed. Have we even tried to loan him out? Maybe pay half his wages?
    i think his agent just says 'no' to all these things - hopefully one day someone will write a book and give the inside story, not sure who that would be seeing as ozil's on his fourth manager (if you count Freddie) and the club heirarchy has changed so much, but would love to read it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54188430

Thiago is going to Liverpool after all it seems.

Will be interesting to see Liverpool with a more technically based midfield, given previously it was mainly the fabled 'pace and power'.
    Talking of other annoying clubs! How do people feel about PG Tips Bale going back to the Spuds? Will he improve them that much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly but it depends on how Kane adapts to not being the go to guy.

His injury record is terrible anyway so I’m not particularly bothered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Talking of other annoying clubs! How do people feel about PG Tips Bale going back to the Spuds? Will he improve them that much?
    Doubt it. Doubt he'll even play much. How old is he now? What's the equivalent of one chimp year to a human year? He's probably over 100 in human terms.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The illness thing is clearly just a cover, to reduce the controversy of his not ever being picked - though whether it's him or the club that's responsible for the hralth stories is less clear

No-one (apart from one or two people on here apparently) believes it, if he started being picked the illness would be gone...
    If it had only started happening over the last year then I could have believed it was just a cover, but the pattern goes right back to when Wenger was in charge and he was one of the first names on the team sheet - he's always been suspiciously unavailable for away games, or prone to sudden colds / illnesses / back problems, or would disappear off on a mini holiday somewhere. I don't think there's any doubt that he's simply being dropped now - Arteta doesn't mine his words about that - but I think he's been dropped because of his attendance record and because he's unreliable. I don't he's been dropped for no reason, with illness being used as a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's got himself signed off with stress or anxiety at some point - if he's managed to get a diagnosed mental illness on his medical / employment record then he'd pretty much have to take a swing at the owner before you could let him go (and even then it would be tough)!

Think about everything that's happened to him over the last few years - he's always had to deal with unfair criticism in the press, which must take its toll after a while, but then there was the whole racism row with the German national team, which alienated half of his home country, the constant character assassinations that followed from everyone at Bayern Munich (the self-appointed mouth-pieces for German football), he was robbed at knife-point, he wasn't backed over his Uighur muslim comments, there was the PR disaster of being photographed cozying up to a dictator. And on the playing side, his biggest supporter and protector, Wenger, left the club, and he's had 3 managers since then who haven't been prepared to coddle him. I think he probably feels like he's taken so much shit over the last few years (some deserved, some not) that he just doesn't care any more, and I think he's just done with the game, simple as that. What is there that's left for him to do? I don't think he has any interest at all in going anywhere else after us - wouldn't be shocked if he banked his £18m for this year and then retired.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 17-09-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I mean... it's not going to make them worse, is it, but I don't think it really addresses any of their biggest problems?

This feels like the sort of thing we would have done a couple of years ago to shut the fans up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I mean... it's not going to make them worse, is it, but I don't think it really addresses any of their biggest problems?
    well of course not, but how DO you address being a bunch of c**ts playing in a gigantic toilet bowl??