User Tag List

Thread: Terry Jones RIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry Jones RIP

another Python gone

apparently he'd been in a bad way so i guess he can now rest in peace, but still very sad...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51209197

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was privileged to see them during their run of shows at the O2, it was pretty clear that would be the last time they performed together like that.
    Apparently even then Jones was in the early stages of dementia and was struggling with some of his lines.
    It wasn't noticeable when I was there but afterwords I heard he was using prompts to help him remember certain bits.
    Sad, but the legacy of work remains.
    RIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I was privileged to see them during their run of shows at the O2, it was pretty clear that would be the last time they performed together like that.
    Apparently even then Jones was in the early stages of dementia and was struggling with some of his lines.
    It wasn't noticeable when I was there but afterwords I heard he was using prompts to help him remember certain bits.
    Sad, but the legacy of work remains.
    RIP
    i really wish i'd gone to those - i really don't like the O2 which put me off but i should have just gone anyway

as you say though the work remains...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAxkcPoLYcQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't have been more excited by those shows. When I heard about it (initially it was said to be only one show) it was like The Beatles had just got back together and I just had to try to get tickets. I had a meeting at 9am, when the tickets went on sale but I stubbornly stayed at my desk to continue trying. At first it didn't look good - predictably everyone in the world was trying to get tickets. Then they announced the extra shows and I was able to get some tickets.
    Actually went twice, the second time with dad - probably the last really nice evening out we had together (he's not dead, he's just resting...well, he has dementia too and isn't able to do anything like that any more)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I couldn't have been more excited by those shows. When I heard about it (initially it was said to be only one show) it was like The Beatles had just got back together and I just had to try to get tickets. I had a meeting at 9am, when the tickets went on sale but I stubbornly stayed at my desk to continue trying. At first it didn't look good - predictably everyone in the world was trying to get tickets. Then they announced the extra shows and I was able to get some tickets.
    Actually went twice, the second time with dad - probably the last really nice evening out we had together (he's not dead, he's just resting...well, he has dementia too and isn't able to do anything like that any more)
    sounds great, well done for getting along and nice that you went with your dad too