User Tag List

Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Perhaps because they might think we learnt from those other examples and can now recognise discrimination when we see see it...?
    We did learn those lessons. Which is why we now have the remnants of the previous system and a complimentary meritocracy, with emphasis shifting to the latter. The progressive loons want to undermine this by repeating the worst aspects of history. Trying to push people to rank and achievement based on skin colour alone was wrong in the past, though far more understandable because this is a white, Christian nation, and it's wrong now. Only racists would suggest revisiting such a policy and the regressive progressives are by far the worst racists in the public sphere right now. At least traditional racists keep their views relatively secret. But the new racists are proud and shout their racism from the rooftops.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Oh, that's the aim is it? I'll bear that in mind for the future.
    No you would have commented regardless of me popping back into the thread, your view on BLM to me is quite worrying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is historically a white, Christian nation. Logically this is reflected in the establishment power structure. It has taken working class people and women centuries to achieve a degree of representation. I wonder why blacks and ethnic minorities believe they are entitled to a fast track?
    Entitled? There you go again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Do you think that's just about race and racism? Isn't classism and old boys network a factor here?
    Let's face it, Boris Johnson hasn't got the roles he's had on merit, he's an old Etonian and that opens a lot of doors.
    I'm not saying racism is fixed now but I'd suggest things are better than they were, but any progress takes a generation to trickle up into the most senior positions.
    Classism is most definitely a factor and has been for years. I totally understand and accept that. I just think black and ethnic minorities should and could be more represented in senior positions and not just in the corporate world, but also the entertainment world. I watched a documentary on the BBC a few years ago about it, forgot the name of it now, but it was interesting watching certain high profile black and ethnic minorities explain why they felt aggrieved at essentially being restricted in their career progression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did learn those lessons. Which is why we now have the remnants of the previous system and a complimentary meritocracy, with emphasis shifting to the latter. The progressive loons want to undermine this by repeating the worst aspects of history. Trying to push people to rank and achievement based on skin colour alone was wrong in the past, though far more understandable because this is a white, Christian nation, and it's wrong now. Only racists would suggest revisiting such a policy and the regressive progressives are by far the worst racists in the public sphere right now. At least traditional racists keep their views relatively secret. But the new racists are proud and shout their racism from the rooftops.
    Who is we?

It is not about pushing people or filling positions through token appointments. It's about giving everyone regardless of race, creed or color a fair chance.

Racists?

You come across as racist as they come, you can't even see it...not surprised though, ignorance is a quality in some of us.
    Last edited by selassie; 01-12-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Who is we?

It is not about pushing people or filling positions through token appointments. It's about giving everyone regardless of race, creed or color a fair chance.

Racists?

You come across as racist as they come, you can't even see it...not surprised though, ignorance is a quality in some of us.
    We is the British people, quite obviously.

Regardless of race, creed or colour you say? Pull the other one. The groups stomping around the place looting and burning and proclaiming their doctrines built on critical race theory are every bit as racist as the KKK from which their political icons grew. Wasn't it you I advised to check out Planned Parenthood? I suppose you didn't, or at least it doesn't sound like it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entitled? There you go again.
    I get your point. It's mostly pampered, middle class, white busy-bodies who do the shouting.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get your point. It's mostly pampered, middle class, white busy-bodies who do the shouting.
    so why don't you stop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You come across as racist as they come, you can't even see it
    yes he is, but he knows it full well, he hides all of his nasty polemic behind the right-wing notion of 'freedom', which basically means the freedom to be racist, misogynist and generally unpleasant towards large sections of society

oh and a completely outdated notion of what it is to be British

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We is the British people, quite obviously.

Regardless of race, creed or colour you say? Pull the other one. The groups stomping around the place looting and burning and proclaiming their doctrines built on critical race theory are every bit as racist as the KKK from which their political icons grew. Wasn't it you I advised to check out Planned Parenthood? I suppose you didn't, or at least it doesn't sound like it.
    So why are you separating the British People from ethnic / people of colour, can you not be of colour and British? Who is looting and burning? You are just talking trash as usual making stuff up.

No I didn't and wouldn't, you talk in riddles.