Thread: January Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

January Transfer Speculation and Shit

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...r-Sami-Khedira

Here we go again.

It's probably BS like the Draxler stories floating around last year. Would be fantastic if true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim Kallstrom with a fixed back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabiot and Schar are sounding like strong possibilities...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khedira remains feasible, out of contract next year so he can talk to clubs from January. I'm starting to think he belongs in the knackers yard though.

A defender has to be the priority in January.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-09-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Rabiot and Schar are sounding like strong possibilities...
    Yeah they do sound like very realistic signings, both young with a fair bit of first team experience. They both have a lot of potential. I would be happy with signings those two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah they do sound like very realistic signings, both young with a fair bit of first team experience. They both have a lot of potential. I would be happy with signings those two.
    Schar should be ready to go straight into the side - he's young, but he'll have a couple of years of CL experience under his belt by January, and will likely be a multiple domestic league champion with Basle (for whatever that's worth).

I'm intrigued by this Rabiot kid - looking purely at attributes, he ticks a lot of boxes. Couldn't say how consistent he is yet (based on the few clips I've seen), but he looks like he has a good frame on him, with good mobility and strong passing - in particular, he looks like he's capable of launching a quick, accurate long pass, which is something that could be really useful to us with the pace that we now have in the side (and is an option that I don't feel that we're currently taking advantage of). I've heard him likened to Petit in that respect, and that sounds just fine to me.

Long-term, I'd love to see us bring in a couple of DMs like Rabiot and Carvalho, as we phase out Flamini and Arteta, but I suppose that's just being greedy *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Schar should be ready to go straight into the side - he's young, but he'll have a couple of years of CL experience under his belt by January, and will likely be a multiple domestic league champion with Basle (for whatever that's worth).

I'm intrigued by this Rabiot kid - looking purely at attributes, he ticks a lot of boxes. Couldn't say how consistent he is yet (based on the few clips I've seen), but he looks like he has a good frame on him, with good mobility and strong passing - in particular, he looks like he's capable of launching a quick, accurate long pass, which is something that could be really useful to us with the pace that we now have in the side (and is an option that I don't feel that we're currently taking advantage of). I've heard him likened to Petit in that respect, and that sounds just fine to me.

Long-term, I'd love to see us bring in a couple of DMs like Rabiot and Carvalho, as we phase out Flamini and Arteta, but I suppose that's just being greedy *sigh*
    Yep, Schar could definitely do a job now. He's quite versatile too, from what I remember reading of him he can cover the full-back position, Wenger loves versatile players so he pretty much ticks all the boxes. I have seen Schar a few times in CL and he looks a decent enough talent.

From what I have seen of Rabiot he seems like a deep lying playmaker, he has massive potential, potentially world class IMO. Admittedly I haven't seen him loads but whenever I have seen him for PSG in CL he has looked very good, more than held his own in their team. He ticks a lot of boxes, is technical, a good passer, fairly mobile for a big lad and strong in the tackle. He's not fully ready yet but give it a season or two and he could be a star. He kind of reminds me of Pogba before he broke through.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't need khedira, diaby is back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LANS