User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs reactions and player ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spurs reactions and player ratings

Looking at the game overall it was a brilliant performance. Absolutely dominated them from start to finish. The first half, in isolation, was so frustrating because they were so dominant but so typically and predictably let them back into it. Being really critical the defence looked very shaky at times with 3 of the 4 causing issues but there's really no need to be really critical about anything after pumping that lot.

Ramsdale - 7 - had one save to make and made it really well. Plenty of keepers don't get down to that.

White - 6 - pretty woeful in the first half but a stronger second half. He's such an obvious area for improvement though.

Gabriel - 5 - stupid mistakes and lost his composure for a bit. I've commented before about his lapses and something needs to be done there...hopefully just a case of maturing out of.

Saliba - 7.5 - the fact he's so much better than Gabriel is mad. Displayed, speed, power, composure, the lot.

Zinchenko - 5 - hard to judge as I'm sure he's under explicitly weird instructions from Arteta. Countless times he was caught too far infield leaving arsenal players with no options out left and spurs players with too much room. Not his best performance.

Partey - 9 - been saying it since my heralded return. By far and away Arsenals best and most important player. Majestic again.

Xhaka - 7.5 - pretty good overall. I counted 4 ridiculous mistimed headers though. But solid overall and a great goal.

Odegaard - 6.5 - pretty average. Nothing spectacular but kept the ball moving to his best options.

Martinelli - 8.5 - I thought he was brilliant today. Just an absolute menace. He won't appear on the stat sheet but no one gave spurs more to think about than him. Really, really good.

Saka - 5 - I don't think he was as bad as some where alluding to in the game thread. I thought he held his positional well and looked for the ball in the first. I know he messed it up almost every time but it was better than his usual hiding. Thought he improved in the second half and his cut in and shot, which led to Jesus goal, is exactly what he should be doing more of.

Jesus - 7.5 - very good on the ball but missed a couple of really good chances which is a feature of his game. Loved his goal. Real poachers effort to harass them into mistakes.

Arteta...well, fuck me...made some responsible subs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking brilliant win.

Bring on Liverpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gabriel Martinelli stats vs Spurs:

1 Assist
    95% (37/39) Pass Accuracy
    2 Key Passes
    1 Big Chance Created
    1 Shot On Target
    4 Successful Dribbles (Most in match)
    2 Tackles Won (Most in match)
    7 Ground Duels Won

He's a special player.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just add at this point:
    Fuck Spurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think dickhead makes some reasonable points, whether Partey is our best player or not he’s certainly the player we miss the most when he doesn’t play, not just for the defensive work but he just keeps everything ticking over and going by the law of averages after all the long range efforts he’s sent into the stands he was due one to set the net bulging.

Xhaka well he certainly adds more to our attacking dimension playing in a more advanced role but once again he’s a defensive liability, gets too easily dispossessed because he dwells too long on the ball.

From a defensive point of view White did very well but he does limit our opportunities going forward on the right. Zinchenko seems to be the opposite, doesn’t know what a full back is but Martinelli is always more dangerous when he plays

Saliba for me has been the best defender in the premier league so far, if there’s someone who has been better I’d like a name

Odegaard predictably disappears when we don’t play shit opposition. Saka needs to realise not everything is coming to come to him on his left foot

Jesus is Jesus, predictably a handful but sometimes wasteful. But five goals from 8 games is a decent return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think dickhead makes some reasonable points, whether Partey is our best player or not he’s certainly the player we miss the most when he doesn’t play, not just for the defensive work but he just keeps everything ticking over and going by the law of averages after all the long range efforts he’s sent into the stands he was due one to set the net bulging.

Xhaka well he certainly adds more to our attacking dimension playing in a more advanced role but once again he’s a defensive liability, gets too easily dispossessed because he dwells too long on the ball.

From a defensive point of view White did very well but he does limit our opportunities going forward on the right. Zinchenko seems to be the opposite, doesn’t know what a full back is but Martinelli is always more dangerous when he plays

Saliba for me has been the best defender in the premier league so far, if there’s someone who has been better I’d like a name

Odegaard predictably disappears when we don’t play shit opposition. Saka needs to realise not everything is coming to come to him on his left foot

Jesus is Jesus, predictably a handful but sometimes wasteful. But five goals from 8 games is a decent return.
    Agree with everything except the White criticism.

Thomas Partey is the BOSS....and even if he was Jack the Ripper, we need to ensure that he plays every single game from now to kingdom come.

I mean he was everywhere today, he partook in all the goals and bossed the midfield (singlehandedly if you ask me) despite the Spuds having 5 men there!

If I am doing a rating he deserves a 12 for todays performance as everything good we did in the middle and in attack came from him.

As for Odegaard, I am happy people are noticing how limited he is and how his final ball is really not that top level. I am not saying he is a bad player, but he has a lot of improving to do, which if you ask me should not necessarily be with EPL games.

Saliba is other world class gem we have in the club. In fact if i had to sell him I' d ask for nothing less than £150m....he is that good.

An ok performance all round today, but honestly Partey and Saliba were the reasons we won that game....when you play the best you need individual players to stand up and bring extra, they both did it today. We didn't get this against United and I thought in general the team played better there.

Oh and Spurs were poor....but they've played like this all season and not lost.

Man, Partey is special.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 01-10-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really need to hear from all those who were saying Saka is Arsenals best player and I'm sure there was someone saying Partey wasn't any better than the alternatives in the squad.

Lucky I'm shite with names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut those noisy neighbours up for a while, nice

I thought we played quite well, the first half was fairly even after around 20 minutes and they had me worried for a while. Second half we looked strong and the man advantage settled the game.

Good stuff, onto the Scousers next.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m just going to come out and say it

I don’t think that was a red card. Reckless but not malicious and lacked the pace or the height to do any serious damage. I’d be fuming if one of our players was sent off for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Agree with pretty much all of that, also Saka needs to remember to release the ball early, tbf he did start to do that more in the second half but in the first his dwelling on the ball and then losing it began the move that led to their pel