User Tag List

Page 42 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The ever reliable Sky Sources are claiming West Ham are trying to sign Giroud.
    Saw that a few days ago. He won't go to West Ham.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergkampwonderland10 View Post
    I think Chamberlain owes it to Arsenal to stay. 1-2 good seasons and only in parts. It would be pretty poor form if he went to Liverpool at this stage. I think it's a case of a substantial pay rise he's after rather than Arsenal delaying. You know he's been tapped up and offered silly money from somewhere else.
    If we wanted him to stay the club should have offered him a contract extension months ago. They still haven't done anything so either they expect him to sign anything they put on the table or they don't care if he leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierrymon View Post
    Same thing could have been said about a number of past players. Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie all went through a golden patch after some poor seasons (injuries/bad form) and they all fucked off with little care for the club. Loyalty is a dying commodity in the football business.
    But we've yet to offer him a new contract. What's Ox supposed to do in this situation? If we wanted him we'd have offered him a deal by now. The balls in our court. Not sure why you guys are aiming shots at Ox for disloyalty. Just another case of the club not handling business badly. It's not as if he's pulling a Sanchez and Ozil by stalling on signing.

Reminds me of how the Cole situation started. We were focused on resigning Henry and kinda took Cole for granted by assuming he'd sign a new deal and offering less than he expected late on. That soured the relationship with the club. Walcott went through a similar situation and publicly warned the club to not assume he'll sign just any contract handed out. Even Bergkamp went through a summer where the club left him in limbo all summer and never knew if he had played his last game for Arsenal. That situation could have ended badly with Bergkamp signing somewhere else. The fact that this still happens suggests lessons haven't been learned. We can't be so quick to accuse a player of being disloyal given our history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    If we wanted him to stay the club should have offered him a contract extension months ago. They still haven't done anything so either they expect him to sign anything they put on the table or they don't care if he leaves.
    Exactly. It's done to Wenger and the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Exactly. It's done to Wenger and the club.
    Wenger went public saying that he wanted Ox to stay back in March /April. Definitely other factors in this. The club won't announce they've already offered a contract only that it's been turned down. I see it more that Ox and his peeps haven't been offered the contract they want!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.” Dennis Bergkamp
    "I started clapping myself until I realized that i was sunderland's manager". Peter Reid
    "Happy those, who can remain at Highbury." Jane Austen, Emma

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Wenger went public saying that he wanted Ox to stay back in March /April. Definitely other factors in this. The club won't announce they've already offered a contract only that it's been turned down. I see it more that Ox and his peeps haven't been offered the contract they want!
    No the club won't announce a contract being offered but that doesn't mean one has been offered, Wenger is a champion prevaricator the restaurant closes whilst he is still agonising over what to order for an aperitif.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read, both parties have agreed the salary but no formal contract talks have taken place. Either way, you can't accuse the player of disloyalty if the club don't want to resign him.

It's not as if the club hasn't got a history of this. Think back to the Bergkamp situation i mentioned earlier. Wenger says a lot of shit he doesn't follow through with. What do you expect him to say when speaking Ox? No we want to sell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Chamberlain owes it to Arsenal to stay. 1-2 good seasons and only in parts. It would be pretty poor form if he went to Liverpool at this stage. I think it's a case of a substantial pay rise he's after rather than Arsenal delaying. You know he's been tapped up and offered silly money from somewhere else.
    He doesn't really owe Arsenal anything. If he wishes to leave and has been offered a better contract elsewhere than so be it.

I mean why are we dragging our feet out over offering our first team players these deals anyway? Why does it always have to come to this?

Why were we so quick to offer the likes of Coquelin and Giroud new deals yet not Ox?

The running of this football club is a complete and utter sham, it's embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll do the bare minimum again, the very least they think they can get away with. Wenger's back in his element, as if last season didn't even happen.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    He doesn't really owe Arsenal anything. If he wishes to leave and has been offered a better contract elsewhere than so be it.

I mean why are we dragging our feet out over offering our first team players these deals anyway? Why does it always have to come to this?

Why were we so quick to offer the likes of Coquelin and Giroud new deals yet not Ox?

The running of this football club is a complete and utter sham, it's embarrassing.
    Spot on, we're quick to reward the rubbish ones with new contracts but when it comes to the better players we seem to let them run down their deals till they have a year left and drag our heels ridiculously.

Just an embarrassment to be honest, nothing at this club is done properly.

Alexis, Ozil and Ox' futures all up in the air and probably a summer of BS rumours about players we have no chance of signing like Mbappe, sick of this rubbish.

We should sort out a deals quickly for a change, oh I forgot we do when it's some nobody freebie we don't have to pay for or when it's average players in our squad nobody wants, but as soon as it's half decent players or important member sof our squad we take forever.

How this club has fallen from grace, the stadium move has proven a poison chalice for the fans.
    Last edited by Özim; 19-06-2017 at 11:45 AM.