Page 1059 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 59559959100910491057105810591060 LastLast
Results 10,581 to 10,590 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of our goals against us are conceded from open play, I must be watching something different because I've seen him come and collect the ball from set-pieces many a time this season. I say it enough times when it happens in match threads!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's always been a strength of his. Before Szczesny we used to shit ourselves every time we conceded a corner.

Outdated view. Arsenal also have a weak underbelly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not talking about corners/freekicks but crosses in general and being attacked through the wings when our FBs bomb forward. Dortmund exposed that to the max and the best teams will take note no doubt. We havent changes style of play or properly addressed our weaknesses in the last few years and if you look at the big games recently, we tend to lose in similar fashion. dominate, miss one or two chances, commit men forward and get hit by the other team. Villa, who were okay but nothing great, saw where we can be got at and exposed us to the max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Casillas, he's on the decline now IMO and both Maureen and Ancelotti saw something had changed.

I'd pick Chesney over him right now but we can definitelly do better if we showed enough ambition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Robert Lewandowski could be available for as little as £7million in the January transfer window with Borussia Dortmund desperate to stop the striker joining rivals Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/chelse...owski-4163780/

Well you couldnt say no at that price, theres a better flip to be had than the Highbury flats. Wenger and the board will be all over that. Top property developers and player brokers

Fellaini claims Arsenal snub
    Marouane Fellaini has claims that he snubbed interest from Arsenal before joining Manchester United.
    Last Updated: 29/10/13 at 08:31

The 25-year-old Belgian midfielder joined United on deadline day from Everton in a £27.5million move, the only substantial deal that the Premier League champions managed over the course of the summer.

Despite seeing Arsenal in top form, and some way ahead of United at this stage - Fellaini says he does not regret his decision to move to Old Trafford.

"I don't want to tell you everything what happened during the transfer," he said to beIN Sport. "This was done at the last minute.

"In a transfer window, there is always a list of players, you never know if it's true or not. But for me, I knew [Moyes] was interested in me.

"Chelsea? No comment. Arsenal? It's true, they were interested, but Manchester United convinced me to sign for them."
    So Wenger saw a player in Felliani

Hes gone down in my estimation for that. I thought he would have recognised his ineptness a mile away. That boy is a Championship level player. If he had a regular haircut and lost 4 inches he'd be at Birmingham or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Average player IMO. Did well at Everton as the play was all about long balls to him and he loved that but as a footballer, he cannot do anything with the ball and looks way out of his depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh i think he would be a beast for us, because here he could play the role he wants to, to just clean up in front of the defence and pass it on to more creative players which we have plenty of, but in United they expect him to be a box2box/yaya toure kind of midfielder and create everything, and thats not the kind of player he is, sad to see a talent like that not being used correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    This isn't a question of doing better than Giroud - it's doing better than Bendtner as a second option. If we're serious about competing on all levels then, really, we need two players who are at least at Giroud's level - at the moment we have one, and that's not enough. I don't see that having a second top CF to choose from should be any great problem for Giroud - if anything it should be an asset?! At the top level you're looking at nearly 70 games a season for club and country, and that's a hell of a lot of pressure to heap on one player in terms of fitness, form, and suitability for all opponents.

I know we have other players who can fill in when needed, but, for me, Walcott and Podolski aren't really physically built for the lone CF role, Sanogo is a long-term gamble who we can't be relying on yet, and that pretty much leaves Bendtner - I don't want to be too harsh on the lad, because he looks like he's genuinely trying to sort himself out, but ultimately he doesn't really offer us anything beyond basic cover for Giroud...

I don't really believe that Dortmund are so desperate to block lewandowski's move to Bayern that they are now willing to see him for 7 million. They did have all summer to sound out potential buyers and seemingly didn't but I've never believed he was as unattainable as a target as people repeatedly suggest.

I read that Julian Draxler's buyout clause which is 32-35 million, stands as the highest in German football. If that is true, doesn't that mean Lewandowski's buyout is 35 million or below? Unless he doesn't have a buyout clause.....?

I just don't see much reason for not making a concerted effort to sign the bloke this January. There aren't a whole lot of forwards of his quality around. I just can't see a player like Balotelli being a starter too. He despises the press over here as much as Suarez and I just can't see Wenger keeping a character like him in line. I don't think the silent approach is likely to work.

I also don't believe fellaini is nearly as poor as people are suggesting and he seems to get disproportionately criticised for not having the technical capabilities of other creative players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt we would be willing to pay for him, and no doubt Dortmund would rather sell to us than Bayern. But it's he's made his mind up to go there there isn't much we can do about it.

He would be decent backup to Giroud.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    But it's he's made his mind up to go there there isn't much we can do about it.
    Thats the thing really, he was all set to go Bayern, but all of a sudden said he was open to moving to the EPL.

I guess he's looking to whoever will pay him the highest signing on fee.