Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Match reaction - Man City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Come on. You're better than that. Just.
    No. Come on. This is our better than average manager in charge of our above average squad. Tell me why Le Genius is sticking his 50 mill striker on the bench for the biggest games. Must be a reason that's not directly related to sheer incompetence or impaired mental faculties.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Flavs

He's back
    Cripps please. I'm not some bald headed Northern thug.

I was the guy who used to constantly own you in debates.

Adebayor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Herbert now you

Why do I always seem to attract the muppets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that really bugged me from today’s game was the simplicity of City’s play. They’d win the ball back and only need a simple one-two and they’d have us on the ropes. I just cannot believe how laboured we were in comparison, why weren’t we trying to stretch their defence in the same way with some quick passing and runners? We’re pure pub these days. It’s really hard to watch us construct passages of play knowing full well it’s not going anywhere.

I don’t see any chemistry in this squad at all. Which probably shouldn’t come as a surprise given our 2 best players are unmotivated.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 05-11-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Mourinho gets stick for parking the bus (rightly so) but Wenger is just as bad, if not worse. The only reason it doesn’t get picked up on is because we’re not good enough to get results that way like Mourinho’s teams often are.

Every game against top opposition the set up is to somehow nullify the other team, without much thought given as to how we’re actually going to attack effectively.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    First Herbert now you

Why do I always seem to attract the muppets
    Maybe it’s your natural charm

I actually had no idea who you were, no wonder you keep whinging like a little girl about being banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Also, Mourinho gets stick for parking the bus (rightly so) but Wenger is just as bad, if not worse. The only reason it doesn’t get picked up on is because we’re not good enough to get results that way like Mourinho’s teams often are.

Every game against top opposition the set up is to somehow nullify the other team, without much thought given as to how we’re actually going to attack effectively.
    MO, so you have seen it too. Fast breaks?. Nobody knows how to flunk fast breaks like we do. If we ever manage to break out ahead of the oppo defence. Our players will get to the byline. wait for the defence to get back and start the tippy tappy infont of 8 defenders again, until one pass goes wayward and the other team breaks. We will get overrrun and the other team scores with 5 of our players still in the other half of the pitch. Madness I know, but its our particular madness.

City are so good because it only takes maybe 4 passes to see the ball hit at the keeper. With us more like 20.

Yes Wenger is as bad as Mourinho, because his confidence is shot to pieces. He prefers to play defensive against the top teams because he wants to avoid humiliations. A draw is ticked off as a win for his ego as he was not beaten. Where once he had a formula that delivered the beatings now he now plans squarely on accumulating enough points in the league to remain respectable. He can now confidently predict that next season we will challenge for the title....with him still in charge of course.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this comment:

It's a contractual thing, if he plays 90 mins x times Arsenal has to pay add-ons to Lyon and increase his salary. Same happened with Podolski who was always subbed right before the 70th minute. No surprises here, Wenger wants to make profit which is in this case incompatible with the sporting goals of a proper club.
    Don't know if it's true. But it adds a third possibility to the sabotage/ mental breakdown list of reasons. I've seen Lacazette's fee expressed as anything from £44mill through £52mill. So I guess there could be £8mill potential profit to add to the last transfer window up for grabs if Wenger can do what he does best, fuck the players and the fans over for personal gain for himself and his leech of a boss.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two top PL strikers weigh in with their views, Shearer and Wrighty:

'He's scored six league goals, double anyone else in that Arsenal team. Not only that, he's actually played Sanchez, a guy who doesn't want to commit himself to the football club, whereas he's signed for £50m.

'What does that say not only to him, but to the rest of his team-mates? He's got every right to go and knock on the manager's door in the morning and say: "Do you not fancy me or something? Do you not want to play me?".'

Adding to Shearer's point, Ian Wright believes Lacazette will be frustrated with the way he is being treated in the early days of his Arsenal and will wonder exactly how he can earn Wenger's trust.

Wright said: 'He must be thinking what he has to do to get in this team, especially when he's watching how poorly Sanchez is playing. It must be so frustrating for him.'
    Nobody in football has a clue what Wengersaurus is doing. That would be fine if we were making progress. We aren't, we're going backwards. So it should be a massive alarm bell for the club and the owners, under normal circumstances. But not at this club. It will all just roll on without a mention.

It's November and we are out of the title race already. We weren't really in it, but we've gone from pretence and a lukewarm challenge that collapses at the final stretch, to never looking like we are getting within a mile. It's a steady backwards march, led by the guy who keeps getting rewarded for failure.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyranowenger's post farce comments:

'I believe it was no penalty. We know that Raheem Sterling dives well, he does that very well.'

'Can anyone stop them? It will be difficult this season, the way they have started the quality they have, but you never know. If, on top of that, they have decisions at home like that, they will be unstoppable.

'Overall, once again, the referee made the decision with a penalty and an offside goal. We are used to it when we come here. I feel they don't work enough, because it happens every season. It is unacceptable.

'You have seen what I have seen. The fact you tell me it is an offside goal says enough. I don't want to take anything away from the quality, but it happened at a moment when we were really in the game at 2-1 and it killed the game.

'It is the second year. We got two offside goals here last year and one this year. We put a lot of effort in and at 2-1 I thought we could come back. The 3-1 was an immense relief for them, an unexpected present. Of course, they are a top team, but that makes it even more difficult for you.'

'Just wrong.'
    Quite right. This shit happens every year and it's entirely unacceptable.

And the gypo diving happens too, but Sterling didn't dive to get our 50 mill top scorer benched. Nor did he dive to select our holding midfielder as a CB when we had our club captain and at least one other legitimate defender who didn't even make the squad.

So Wenger got his bullshit in long before Sterling or the ref. And it was the combination of all these things, as well as many other unique Wenger contributions over the years, that culminated in yet another loss against a so-called rival.

What's Wenger's record against the top teams now?

What's his record in Europe?

Fraud.
    Für eure Sicherheit