Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Any manager worth his salt would be happy with the selection of players we have. We have a mass of talent in the squad now, a lot of them really young too. I accept that Central Defence still needs work but outside of that we genuinely have a decent squad IMO.
    yes i'm not questionning that but i'm just sayig Emery wasn;t reponsible for most or all those signings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rumours Xhaka going to be put up for sale!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    rumours Xhaka going to be put up for sale!!!!
    I hope this is true, will have to sell him for peanuts (I'm OK with that though) as noone is going to want to pay much for him. There were rumours in the press that he was unhappy when he got stripped of the captaincy and wanted to leave. They do say every cloud has a silver lining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he's sold so we can put this sorry saga behind us and forget he ever played for The Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I hope this is true, will have to sell him for peanuts (I'm OK with that though) as noone is going to want to pay much for him. There were rumours in the press that he was unhappy when he got stripped of the captaincy and wanted to leave. They do say every cloud has a silver lining.
    we could still get 10m for him at least maybe 15m. As in another team, he probably works just not as a defensive midfielder. or whatever he is meant to be doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Hopefully he's sold so we can put this sorry saga behind us and forget he ever played for The Arsenal.
    Pretty much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    we could still get 10m for him at least maybe 15m. As in another team, he probably works just not as a defensive midfielder. or whatever he is meant to be doing.
    Talk is Newcastle will take him on a short term deal if we pay some of his wages, I'm not even sure people will pay 10-15 million for this guy, if we can convince him to leave on a free I'd be happy, we gave him a new contract not long ago which was a weird decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Talk is Newcastle will take him on a short term deal if we pay some of his wages, I'm not even sure people will pay 10-15 million for this guy, if we can convince him to leave on a free I'd be happy, we gave him a new contract not long ago which was a weird decision.
    That's great if he goes, but i'd be amazed if any English club would take him given he's marked himself out as a trouble maker - although having said that, clubs still sign nutters like Joey Barton so clearly i'm just too naive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, Xhaka isn’t good enough for us if we want to be challenging for titles.

However, you can’t just say he’s not good enough to play elite football.

He’s obviously got some talents....he’s Swiss captain for fucks sake.

No he’s not for us. He doesn’t fit in. But lower level teams would happily take him. In a more structured environment, he’d probably look better anyway.

Right now, there is zero structure to the team. Nobody knows where they’re supposed to be playing, or what they’re supposed to be doing. Xhaka for all the wrong things he has done, isn’t any worse than half of the rest of the squad. The fact nobody is in a place to show their talents in this team is all down to the pathetic manager.

Good that we’re offloading. But better the manager goes too.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Look, Xhaka isn’t good enough for us if we want to be challenging for titles.

However, you can’t just say he’s not good enough to play elite football.

He’s obviously got some talents....he’s Swiss captain for fucks sake.

No he’s not for us. He doesn’t fit in. But lower level teams would happily take him. In a more structured environment, he’d probably look better anyway.

Right now, there is zero structure to the team. Nobody knows where they’re supposed to be playing, or what they’re supposed to be doing. Xhaka for all the wrong things he has done, isn’t any worse than half of the rest of the squad. The fact nobody is in a place to show their talents in this team is all down to the pathetic manager.

Good that we’re offloading. But better the manager goes too.
    You can't blame everything on the manager though when he has this squad of losers to work with. Xhaka has been garbage under two managers and can't even get the basics right, that's nothing to do with the manager or the tactics.

That said I think Xhaka would be decent at a bottom half PL club that packs everyone behind the ball. But we'd be lucky to get £20m for him.