User Tag List

Page 32 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    How is the FA cup a tin pot trophy?
    When it suits your agenda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This loop again?

Again?

Letters never tires of it.

Summary so everyone can be spared.

Obvious statement #1: Football fans like it when their team wins a cup.

Letters trying to paint Wenger as successful on the back of fans being pleased at winning a cup is as disingenuous as it is comical. Which is a lot.

Obvious statement #2: Winning the FA Cup in no way, shape or form excuses Wenger's failure to compete for a title for over a decade and absolutely does not excuse his painfully laughable European record.

Wenger is painted as a top manager. Look at his record. He hasn't been a top manager for over a decade. The evidence is all there.

Obvious statement #3: Wenger has seriously underperformed given the resources at his disposal.

It's not the failure to win, it's the failure to even compete that's so shocking. Winning FA Cups does not excuse his failure.

End loop. Once and for all?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=629&page=2

Poll: Do you still want Wenger as Arsenal manager?

"I voted yes. Because we are Arsenal fans and we are allowed to criticise the club, the manager, the players and anything we want related to Arsenal. Because we're part of it. But when some outside cunt starts taking the piss out of our club or manager they can fuck off and die really. I'd rather see us relegated than watch the media gorge themselves in this feeding frenzy they are trying to whip up with Wenger as the main course. And do you know how they are trying to excuse their behaviour? They're saying all they are doing is reflecting the feelings of the fans. So I won't be one of those fans and I don't think any other Arsenal fan should be either. We're under attack now, we don't disintegrate or run away, we stick together and stick two fingers up and them. Wenger, for all his current faults, has done too much for this club to deserve being ripped apart by the media and served up to them on a platter by the fans."
    - Niall_Quinn, 21/08/2011
    Right in the middle of the "over a decade of failure".

Revisionism.

And of course, NQ, you supported Wenger signing a new contract a mere 3 years ago after the first FA Cup win. So stop pretending it's all so black and white as you now make out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    This loop again?

Again?

Letters never tires of it.

Summary so everyone can be spared.

Obvious statement #1: Football fans like it when their team wins a cup.

Letters trying to paint Wenger as successful on the back of fans being pleased at winning a cup is as disingenuous as it is comical. Which is a lot.

Obvious statement #2: Winning the FA Cup in no way, shape or form excuses Wenger's failure to compete for a title for over a decade and absolutely does not excuse his painfully laughable European record.

Wenger is painted as a top manager. Look at his record. He hasn't been a top manager for over a decade. The evidence is all there.

Obvious statement #3: Wenger has seriously underperformed given the resources at his disposal.

It's not the failure to win, it's the failure to even compete that's so shocking. Winning FA Cups does not excuse his failure.

End loop. Once and for all?
    NQ proving once again why he's the best poster on here and why he's regarded as the Pep of the forum, whilst Letters is the David Moyes of the forum

But anyway stop criticising Wenger or you'll be reprimanded! How dare you speak of Letters' messiah like that! any minute now he'll pop up and defend Wenger, oh wait he's already done it, and quoted a post from... 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Revisionism.

And of course, NQ, you supported Wenger signing a new contract a mere 3 years ago after the first FA Cup win. So stop pretending it's all so black and white as you now make out.
    How long did it take you to dig up a post from 2011? NQ has over 50,000 posts.

Also, that's not a great example. NQ said he voted yes because he didn't want Wenger pushed out by the media but clearly states fans are allowed to criticise the manager.

But either way, people are allowed to change their mind. We were all in favour of Wenger having a job for life at Arsenal at one point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Revisionism.

Over 6 years ago

And in response to the media attacking the club and the manager. The media being one of the few institutions I loathe more than Wenger.

So what are you saying Letters? Because 6 years ago I didn't want to see Wenger ripped apart, now 6 years on and not within a mile of a challenge, having even dropped out of that cherished 4th place spot, Wenger gets a perpetual free pass? What if he robs your house? All is forgiven because 6 years ago I said I wouldn't support the media in their attacks on him?

It's so sad this all has to be explained to you, again. Such is your desperation to support the man, you have to resort to this. But you don't have the guts to openly come out and support him. Instead you try to find ways to pretend those who criticise him are somehow irrelevant, thereby making the criticism disappear in your mind, I suppose.

Then there's the FA Cup thing, again. And the contract before last, again. And despite the fact we've gone over this many times (you couldn't find any of those posts, I notice), and despite the fact the support was clearly qualified as based on him continuing to make the big name signings that seemed (at the time) to mark a shift in policy, and despite the fact he's instead fucked up the subsequent transfer windows in the most spectacular fashion and fucked up player contracts as badly as it is possible to fuck them up, here you are pretending all of that's forgivable because a guy on a forum said, years ago, it was worth giving him another shot to see if he could overturn a catalogue of failure?

Well he didn't. So yes, here we are stuck with his decade of fuck-ups. Keep apologising for him, it's what you do best. You don't watch the games, but you watch the forum to ensure nobody has criticised Wenger. Tragic really.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Over 6 years ago

And in response to the media attacking the club and the manager. The media being one of the few institutions I loathe more than Wenger.

So what are you saying Letters? Because 6 years ago I didn't want to see Wenger ripped apart, now 6 years on and not within a mile of a challenge, having even dropped out of that cherished 4th place spot, Wenger gets a perpetual free pass? What if he robs your house? All is forgiven because 6 years ago I said I wouldn't support the media in their attacks on him?
    Totally ridiculous point he makes, to think that in 6 years you can't change your view is proposperous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Letters, are people not allowed to change their view?

Well here's yours from 2012:

Yes, we've failed to win a trophy again but we look like we've got something to build on. I'd agree it's not the first time but I also think changing managers would set us back and destroy the momentum we've built up.
    http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...l=1#post122768

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I have changed my mind about Wenger
    I hoped he would push us on when the money became available. He didn't.
    What I haven't done is backdated my views 10+ years or started pretending I think Wenger is suddenly a dribbling imbecile.
    It's all the hyperbolic nonsense I find tiresome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Yeah Letters, are people not allowed to change their view?

Well here's yours from 2012:

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...l=1#post122768

Must be the new phenomena called backward momentum where you regress or something