User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction vs Leicester City (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got round to watching sky's post match analysis and had to turn it off halfway through.

They made sure not to mention the fact our defence was makeshift as much as possible, I even heard 'there were no leaders out there tonight, look at Leicesters goal'... yes our 3 first choice, commanding centre backs were out injured you muppets

But that doesn't fit in with their 'arsenal are soft defensively' narrative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fine. Let them.

We'll just keep winning.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good video from Henry. We need our passers to step up their game. Couple of passes Xhaka should have seen and played to Lacazette.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post

Good video from Henry. We need our passers to step up their game. Couple of passes Xhaka should have seen and played to Lacazette.
    Lacazette is exactly the type of player we should have signed years ago, intelligent on the ball, makes brilliant runs, knows where the goal is. We only got him due to pot luk of course, he was heading for Athletico (they have a good eye for a top striker) if not for the transfer ban, not a Wenger type player, probably only signed him because he ran out of options (as per Perez) oh and he's French of course with Wenger always likes.

But yeah Xhaka's lack of vision is impressive, insisting on going sideways rather than forward, he's been taught well, the only thing that can go wrong for Lacazette is if we insist on playing Wengerball and passing sidways all the time, it will obviously limit the amount of goals he can get if we do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Lacazette is exactly the type of player we should have signed years ago, intelligent on the ball, makes brilliant runs, knows where the goal is. We only got him due to pot luk of course, he was heading for Athletico (they have a good eye for a top striker) if not for the transfer ban, not a Wenger type player, probably only signed him because he ran out of options (as per Perez) oh and he's French of course with Wenger always likes.

But yeah Xhaka's lack of vision is impressive, insisting on going sideways rather than forward, he's been taught well, the only thing that can go wrong for Lacazette is if we insist on playing Wengerball and passing sidways all the time, it will obviously limit the amount of goals he can get if we do that.
    I’m surprised Xhaka didn’t play him through on those. That sort of ball is what he’s supposed to be best at. Time will tell. Now that we’re playing someone that make off the shoulder runs, I’m expecting a lot more from Ozil especially. That if he stays.

You’ll disagree with this, a lot of people will, but Lacazette is the sort of striker Theo Walcott should have been. We should have developed Theo playing through the middle and not on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m surprised Xhaka didn’t play him through on those. That sort of ball is what he’s supposed to be best at. Time will tell. Now that we’re playing someone that make off the shoulder runs, I’m expecting a lot more from Ozil especially. That if he stays.

You’ll disagree with this, a lot of people will, but Lacazette is the sort of striker Theo Walcott should have been. We should have developed Theo playing through the middle and not on the wing.
    Me too but he's probably brainwashed into playing that sideways rubbish, it's deeply ingrained into the club culture in the way the counter attacking which brought so much success wasn't, very odd because that style of play has coincided with us failing consistently.

Walcott would have certainly been better served to have balls over the top due to his pace no doubt, but in terms of talent Lacazette is clearly a very good goalscorer, one that instinctively knows where to be and who makes clever runs to get away from defenders.

For me Lacazette was a logical choice, a proven goalscorer who is at a good age and has conistently scored goals, the only other player who comes close to him since 2005 was Eduardo but of course the league he came from was of a lower standard, though he seemed to have a decent finish when he arrived.

Incidentally can't believe it's now 13 years since we won a title and since our last major honour incidentally, that's a pretty long time for a club our size.
    Last edited by Özim; 15-08-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content blocked by the uber cunts at Sky.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too but he's probably brainwashed into playing that sideways rubbish, it's deeply ingrained into the club culture in the way the counter attacking which brought so much success wasn't, very odd because that style of play has coincided with us failing consistently.

Walcott would have certainly been better served to have balls over the top due to his pace no doubt, but in terms of talent Lacazette is clearly a very good goalscorer, one that instinctively knows where to be and who makes clever runs to get away from defenders.

For me Lacazette was a logical choice, a proven goalscorer who is at a good age and has conistently scored goals, the only other player who comes close to him since 2005 was Eduardo but of course the league he came from was of a lower standard, though he seemed to have a decent finish when he arrived.

Incidentally can't believe it's now 13 years since we won a title and since our last major honour incidentally, that's a pretty long time for a club our size.
    With Xhaka, I'm guessing instinct instinct will takeover. Early days but when you see a player make that sort of movement he should be knocking it to him. It did for Ramsey's goal.

I agree about Lacazette being our best striker signing since Eduardo. In terms of experience and goal record for sure. But in terms of a number 9 that can play on the shoulder, I'm not convinced Wenger likes that sort of striker. Theo should have been developed for that role a lot earlier. Vela started as a striker but was also pushed wide. Same goes for Joel Campbell who started as a striker but was pushed wide. He has valued stature and strength for a long time. It's the link up play he wants. Eduardo was even pushed to play out wide once switching to a solo striker. I hope he sticks with Laca as a number 9 and not push him wide left. I don't trust Wenger to stick wity him through a rough patch. Plenty of similar number 9 style players we have had, could have bought or even developed that he has passed up on to play Chamakh, Bendy and Giroud types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xhaka is more than capable of distributing the ball, but Wenger prefers pointless possession. It's starting to irritate even his biggest fans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Xhaka, I'm guessing instinct instinct will takeover. Early days but when you see a player make that sort of movement he should be knocking it to him. It did for Ramsey's goal.

I agree about Lacazette being our best striker signing since Eduardo. In terms of experience and goal record for sure. But in terms of a number 9 that can play on the shoulder, I'm not convinced Wenger likes that sort of striker. Theo should have been developed for that role a lot earlier. Vela started as a striker but was also pushed wide. Same goes for Joel Campbell who started as a striker but was pushed wide. He has valued stature and strength for a long time. It's the link up play he wants. Eduardo was even pushed to play out wide once switching to a solo striker. I hope he sticks with Laca as a number 9 and not push him wide left. I don't trust Wenger to stick wity him through a rough patch. Plenty of similar number 9 style players we have had, could have bought or even developed that he has passed up on to play Chamakh, Bendy and Giroud types.
    Link up play for what? That's the bit Wenger can't explain. We link things up... so we can play it back and link things up all over again. Wenger is starting to have a very negative impact on all our players. You can see, they are becoming less and less comfortable in possession and are always looking for the easiest (safest) option. This is 100% Wenger. This is why we see games where we have 102% possession and no shots on goal.
    Für eure Sicherheit