User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal v Liverpool, Sunday 4 Feb, 4.30pm, Emirates Stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Correct. We are getting results in the big games and that is the “Stuff of Champions ™”. But that’s not all you need to do to win titles, you need to be winning the routine games. Which we mostly do, that’s why we are “up there”. But the lack of a clinical options costs us here and there and that is probably going to deny us the title. I can’t help feel this result will benefit City more than us. But our tails should be up so I’ll probably allow myself to not throw in the towel yet.
    Had absolutely no confidence that Havertz would score when clean through. Thankfully Saka was on hand to bury it but these are fine margins. We don’t have particularly great players up front and I do fear that will prove to be our undoing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz is a mystery. Such a poor player.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I said to my brother, if we score first we win as simple as that. The most confident I’ve been of a prediction in some time. In my view we are a better side than them, we were better than them at Anfield…they have more strength in depth but our first team trumps theirs.
    No, we aren't. That's very, very clear to see. And the worst bit, they aren't in a any way a decent team. Neither have the faintest chance in the EC. Neither of these teams would stand a chance against Paisley's 79 Liverpool.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz also the best option up front imho, Konate got himself sent off trying to deal with him. Van Dijk got beasted by Martinelli and Saka.
    WTF? Are you quite serious? That guy is one of the worst wastes of space I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Explain yourself.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Correct. We are getting results in the big games and that is the “Stuff of Champions ™”. But that’s not all you need to do to win titles, you need to be winning the routine games. Which we mostly do, that’s why we are “up there”. But the lack of a clinical options costs us here and there and that is probably going to deny us the title. I can’t help feel this result will benefit City more than us. But our tails should be up so I’ll probably allow myself to not throw in the towel yet.
    Strange how we agree on some things. And how YOU can see some things, despite them being absent in the "news" pages of the BBC. Because, as I always knew, you don't have a total disregard for your own experience and intellect. Unless directed to have that disregard.

So you and I already know how this season turns out, but that doesn't make us fortune tellers. Just observers.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    WTF? Are you quite serious? That guy is one of the worst wastes of space I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

Explain yourself.
    The fuck would I explain myself to you. You’re so full of shit it’s unbelievable, coming on here hectoring like an abusive drunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Had absolutely no confidence that Havertz would score when clean through. Thankfully Saka was on hand to bury it but these are fine margins. We don’t have particularly great players up we front and I do fear that will prove to be our undoing.
    Totally agree with you again on everything here.

A real shame we couldn't find a way of offloading Havertz for anything really and doing some creative accounting to actually get ourselves a real forward.

No surprise if this ends up being our undoing this season as everyone with basic sense called this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havertz also the best option up front imho, Konate got himself sent off trying to deal with him. Van Dijk got beasted by Martinelli and Saka.
    Havertz isn't a striker, (I'm not sure what he is) - but it was clearly the right option to play him further up the pitch for this one. He was a key part of the pressure that made Liverpool look ordinary.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Havertz isn't a striker, (I'm not sure what he is) - but it was clearly the right option to play him further up the pitch for this one. He was a key part of the pressure that made Liverpool look ordinary.
    Agreed 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Havertz is a mystery. Such a poor player.
    if he'd cost £20m or so no-one would mind, he'd just be a good utility player, i thought he caused Liverpool a lot of trouble in the game but yes, he's a bit clumsy at times and a terrible finisher and didn't in any way justify the £65m we spent on him