Page 179 of 180 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1793

Thread: Transfer targets in January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    A question. . .I think I know the answer (we're as tight as arses, and fail to budge on iur evaluation of a player). . . .but wanted to throw it out there. . .

Now as I remember we made a fairly serious summer bid for Goetze. . .why then were'nt we back in for him in January?
    I know some say we dont need him but Wenger obviouslt did and that was after the oanic buys had already been brought in. . .

Sometimes contracts play a part and Wenger always looks for the cheap option even when it means having to wait and ultimately miss out after the player goes to a club with balls and willing to spend cash. . .I mean look at Everton, lost one player and got another of the same position or vice versa. . .still came out the same as they went in. . .us on the other hand

Do you reckon we could go back for this guy this summer?
    We probably will go back for him in the summer but that will have little to do with where he ends up because we'll lowball the offer as always. So if somebody else wants him they'll get him, if they don't and we can get away with underpaying then we have a chance. Wilshere will be a new signing for us by then, of course.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrey Arshavin will reject approach from Anzhi and stay at Arsenal until the summer - agent

The 30-year-old forward is keen to prove his critics wrong, recover his form and fulfill his ambitions of winning trophies at the Emirates Stadium before departing

Andrey Arshavin is committed to staying at Arsenal until the summer and is not interested in joining moneybags Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala this month, his agent has told Goal.com.Anzhi chiefs have made an approach to the Premier League club in an attempt to land the attacking midfielder for a cut-price fee before the Russian transfer window closes on February 24.
    But Arshavin’s representative Phil Smith revealed that the Russia captain, who is contracted to Arsenal until June 2013, has no interest in a move before the end of the season.
    “Andrey doesn’t think it is time to go back yet,” Smith told Goal.com. “He still feels he has a lot to do at Arsenal. He wants to win something, fulfil his ambitions and recover his form both for Arsenal and ahead of the European Championships.
    “The Russia window lasts until 24th February and a guy representing Anzhi has made a tentative approach. But Andrey is not going to talk to the Russians because he doesn’t want to leave and Arsenal don’t want him to go, either. A lot depends on the summer.”
    Arshavin has lost his regular place in the starting XI for Arsenal this season and his form has deteriorated so dramatically that he was jeered by home supporters at the Emirates Stadium when he came off the bench and replaced Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain against Manchester United 10 days ago.
    The Russian, who usually plays on the left of Arsenal’s front three, has been far less productive than in his first two-and-a-half seasons at the club. He has scored only two goals this term, and only one in the league, which came against Swansea City in September.
    Anzhi have identified the capture of proven and experienced Premier League stars as a key component in their quest to become a European superpower.
    The club, who are bankrolled by billionaire businessman Suleyman Kerimov,have been sounding out a number of the established English elite about the potential availability of their players in the winter transfer window.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...hi-and-stay-at

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh FFS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a cynic would say he's going to use the next few months to put himself in the shop window so he can generate a bit of bidding interest from elsewhere. Moving before the Euros would be less lucrative too if he can put on a couple of displays on the International stage.

Which is fine I guess. Means he'll probably put a bit of effort in and it means we might get a higher price. Better deal all around. Unless he does fuck all between now and the summer, in which case we'll still probably get fairly decent money from Anzhi.

Only real downside here is the board won't spend the money either way.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil Smith? I'm believing nothing unless it's Dennis Lachter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TRANSFER GOSSIP

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has vowed to stay with the club until the end of the season, rejecting a move to Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

Full story: Metro

Arsenal have made preliminary moves to sign midfielder Claudio Yacob, 24, from Argentina's Racing Club, and could snap up the player on a free transfer in the summer.

Full story: Daily Mirror
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Stop it now. We didn't sign anybody and I doubt anyone wants to start the summer transfer window misery six months in advance.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I applaud Arshavin if he actually means what he says but I seem to remember him mentioning that he intended to pull his socks up early in the season. . .ankle length socks obviously!

Yacob will not doubt become the new (what was his name?) Ricardo Alcavez

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only one transfer Im interested in.

Wenger leaving the club.