User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Anyone Still Want Him Here?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just Leave Please

38 84.44%
  • Let's Judge @ End Of Season

0 0%
  • Sign da ting

7 15.56%
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Thread: Wenger Referendum IV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's a bit simplistic to say that winning a trophy = success, not winning a trophy = failure.
    We DID win a trophy last year but most people wouldn't regard the season as a success.
    So why have you mentioned the FA Cup at all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was responding to Penguin's post where he mentioned only the negatives from last season, a fair assessment has to include all the facts.
    Overall it was a failure but somewhat mitigated by the Cup win. It's not like there aren't any positives from the season.
    People seem to only be able to think in black and white on here, there are usually shades of grey which is what I think Wenger was getting at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last season was a shit show. It had a nice ending but if anyone classes 16/17 as a successful season then unfortunately you're just as accountable as the board and Wenger for the stench of underachievement that wafts through this club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who classes it as a successful season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said anyone did but I'm sure there are fans who do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was responding to Penguin's post where he mentioned only the negatives from last season, a fair assessment has to include all the facts.
    Overall it was a failure but somewhat mitigated by the Cup win. It's not like there aren't any positives from the season.
    People seem to only be able to think in black and white on here, there are usually shades of grey which is what I think Wenger was getting at.
    I think Penguin is right to question if you understood what you read. He's not talking about the overall season.

We want to win trophies but you cannot live inside a club thinking we want to win the next trophy and if you don’t win it then you have lost
    Wenger is the type of guy that can take a positive from finishing 4th or runner up in a Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I never said anyone did but I'm sure there are fans who do.
    I'm sure Ty does
    Most people see it for what it was, but I don't think Wenger is entirely wrong in his assertion that it's overly simplistic to surely judge success based on trophies, the fact we won one and most people don't regard the season as a success rather backs that up.

A lot of people seem to have a Pavlovian response to everything Wenger says these days as if everything he says is wrong simply because he said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people seem to have a Pavlovian response to everything Wenger says these days as if everything he says is wrong simply because he said it.
    No sympathy. He's shown himself up to be an arrogant old cunt these last couple of years.

I hope he can turn it around over the course of this new contract but I won't brush everything under the carpet so easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to brush anything anywhere, or have any sympathy for anything.
    But I do wish people would actually look at what he actually says, not just automatically take the contrary position because it's him who says it.
    I've seen people on here post certain opinions and then some time later Wenger is quoted as saying something which completely agrees with what they said and they just howl with derision, because it's Wenger saying it

That said, he does come out with quite a lot of balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to brush anything anywhere, or have any sympathy for anything.
    But I do wish people would actually look at what he actually says, not just automatically take the contrary position because it's him who says it.
    I've seen people on here post certain opinions and then some time later Wenger is quoted as saying something which completely agrees with what they said and they just howl with derision, because it's Wenger saying it

That said, he does come out with quite a lot of balls.
    It’s true that some are quick to jump all over what Wenger says but I think you have the wrong end of the stick this time. In fact, I think you’ve been too quick to jump on to other posters without reading what’s been said on either side.