User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Brighton, 12pm, BT Sport 1.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 - 0 to the Arsenal the new 1 - 0 to the Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit depressing having to accept we're so far behind City, Utd, Chelski and even the spuds.

Liverpool have a better attack than us but their defence is woeful so overall I'd have us on a par with them.

5th or 6th is the best we can hope for this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT 2-0

Should have been 22-0

That crackpot shit cunt Wenger spotted a bit of entertainment and stamped on it. But until the stupid cunt intervened, it was watchable, if not a bit frustrating in places.

Some great stuff in spurts from Alexis.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Bit depressing having to accept we're so far behind City, Utd, Chelski and even the spuds.

Liverpool have a better attack than us but their defence is woeful so overall I'd have us on a par with them.

5th or 6th is the best we can hope for this season.
    City look amazing.

So do United but they haven't played a top six yet ..... they've really had a rather easy run so far so I don't get the OTT hysterical reaction to their performances from the media.

Spuds are playing some neat stuff but they're so reliant on a handful of quality players (Kane, Erkiesen etc) that I can easily see it falling away for them in usual Spurs style once fatigue & injuries hit.

We're certainly not good enough to challenge this year but I think we've good enough to get top four which tbh, I'd take at this stage. It's important we don't do a Liverpool and turn a year outside of CL football into a decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no doubt other teams will have their wobbles but I just see too many flaws in our current set up to have any real cause for optimism.

Would love to be proved wrong but I can't see us getting back into CL next season.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very odd situation, years and years of top 4. Fail to make it once, no chance of getting back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Very odd situation, years and years of top 4. Fail to make it once, no chance of getting back in.
    That's not the situation though. Situation is a manager getting worse every year, taking a great team and dropping it out of title contention, then slowly degrading things further until he drops it out of the CL. And he's getting worse still, as we see with his crackpot selections and subs and his ever growing hatred of consistency and momentum. So the direction is clear enough, down. There's no going back up under this self absorbed clown. I just wish he'd fuck off, but I bet the old cunt hangs on until he passes Ferguson's record of time at the club. Who knows where we'll be once the incompetent shit has worked his unique magic over that amount of time.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suddenly Wenger achieving Top 4 isn't all he strives for?

It strikes me here that there is an over exaggeration that only seeks to undermine your otherwise reasonable position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It strikes me here that there is an over exaggeration that only seeks to undermine your otherwise reasonable position.
    I'm still angry the bloke decided to stay on. And twice as angry he ran to Kroenke and bypassed his alleged boss. A thrice angry that absolutely nothing seems to have been learned or changed since the last thoroughly unremarkable season that was only unpredictable because we didn't scrape the hallowed top 4 spot. After so many attempts and so many depressingly familiar outcomes, this guy definitely knows he's past it and is dragging on the club like an anchor. He always said he'd leave under such circumstances so he's a liar. Selfish, devious, disrespectful of the club hierarchy and a liar. And that's before we get to his antics in terms of the team and match days. Why the hell does he refuse to play Lacazette for 90 minutes? Why does he play everyone in the wrong positions? Why is he playing Nelson in defence FFS! What was all that pre-season nonsense with Elneny about What the hell was he up to before and during that Liverpool hiding? Why is he claiming the contract situations with Alexis and Ozil are ideal? What the hell was all that dragging of feet over a realistic bid for Lemar, followed by the ridiculous 92 million bid when the player was about to head onto the pitch in a World Cup qualifier? How does he not have a settled starting eleven yet?

We can't be having this bloke around the club. It's totally ridiculous. What the fucking hell is going on? I'm starting to hate his guts. Doubt I'm the only one.

It's not just the football any more. If it was just the football then really, who cares? It's more. I see him as an all too depressing example of the corporate shit heap that has deluged every aspect of life. Wenger, for me, is becoming the poster goat for everything that is wrong with sport and society in general. And, here's the best bit, he plays the role of champion for the beautiful and pure game, for fair play and even handed finances. Yet he's the exact opposite when it comes to his own situation. Hypocrite extraordinaire.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 01-10-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said some years back, Wenger never faced a situation where there were 4 other teams with squads better or on par with ours that could knock us out of the top 4. Now it's a real dog fight for that spot. If any of our rivals fail to make top 4, it will be regarded as a disappointing season and result in possible job losses. Except Arsenal of course.