User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: False Dawn v Spurs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False Dawn v Spurs

Basically what NQ and I were saying yesterday.
    Arteta is a Rookie and we will be also rans at best.

Arteta out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ref 1- Arsenal 0

After that, it’s naivety…..and Balding has a lot to answer for. He set himself up for that, and you have to question the manager as to why they wern’t preped to a avoid the bear trap.

Shit ref, naive team
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Basically what NQ and I were saying yesterday.
    Arteta is a Rookie and we will be also rans at best.

Arteta out.
    Don't know what to say, really. Last night was disappointing, yes, but Arteta out? We are still 4th in the EPL, in front of Sp*rs. Arteta is a rookie, and rookies make mistakes - including IMO our set up last night. I can see that he wanted to trust a team that has won us 4 in a row - including against 3 top 7 teams - but, like Liverpool before us - he underestimated the task of keeping Son quiet. That said, the penalty was nonsense and the sending off f*cked our game plan, so we will never know what the result would have been otherwise.

I'm pleased that the club will be a bit more measured than this in supportig the mamager's project even if we play Europa rather than CL football next season.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as soon as i saw the lineup with an unchanged back four i knew it woud be a struggle - he should have gone to a back five and preferably left out Cedric altogether or at least swap the FBs over so it was Tomi against Son

got to say though, while i am a Holding fan generally, he really did act like a lunatic last night

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really have to stop losing our shit over every bad result (although I must admit after we lost those 3 in a row I did have a bit of a hissy fit).
    We're a young side with a young manager. They'll make mistakes although it does sound like a couple of refereeing decisions went against us last night and that changed the game. With 2 games to go we're in the conversation for top 4 - it's actually in our hands. That's clearly a step up from anything we've seen over the last few seasons. If we miss out then that will be disappointing, but how realistic was Top 4 this season? The top 3 were pretty much nailed on at the start of the season and that only leaves one place. We might yet get it. I might change my view if we lose the last 2, but right now there seems to be more shape and purpose about the team. I'm not sure how far Arteta but I still think he's earned the right to try. Getting a new manager in now would just take us backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We really have to stop losing our shit over every bad result (although I must admit after we lost those 3 in a row I did have a bit of a hissy fit).
    We're a young side with a young manager. They'll make mistakes although it does sound like a couple of refereeing decisions went against us last night and that changed the game. With 2 games to go we're in the conversation for top 4 - it's actually in our hands. That's clearly a step up from anything we've seen over the last few seasons. If we miss out then that will be disappointing, but how realistic was Top 4 this season? The top 3 were pretty much nailed on at the start of the season and that only leaves one place. We might yet get it. I might change my view if we lose the last 2, but right now there seems to be more shape and purpose about the team. I'm not sure how far Arteta but I still think he's earned the right to try. Getting a new manager in now would just take us backwards.
    i agree but they must give him a firm target for next seaon and if he doesn't get there he goes

IDK about the refereeing decisons and I'm not about to watch any highlghts to find out, but i did think the first pel was soft, I'm no fan of Cedric but genuinely couldn't see what he'd done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i agree but they must give him a firm target for next seaon and if he doesn't get there he goes
    It seems like his target was Europa League qualification, hence the new contract when that was achieved.
    But I agree with Gary in the other thread, it's a bit of a nothing tournament and will just add a load of extra games which with our squad is going to be problematic. Although I guess we can rest players in the group games as we'll be playing poor teams.

I haven't seen anything last night, from what I've heard it's one of those "you see them given" ones. And it sounds like Holding was naive and that was the end of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget about it. Beat Newcastle and all will feel good again.

Plenty of time to go over the season in the summer but for now just have to back the lads and hope for the best. There’s a job to finish and you just pray for some composure to get us over the line.

Spurs will win their last 2 so it really is all on the Newcastle game. Win or bust.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 13-05-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Plenty of time to go over the season in the summer but for now just have to back the lads and hope for the best. There’s a job to finish and you just pray for some composure to get us over the line.

Spurs will win their last 2 so it really is all on the Newcastle game. Win or bust.
    Yeah this. We know what we have to do to finish 4th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Right. I quite liked Arteta’s response on the Arsenal website, basically saying that he started preparing for the Newcastle game during the second half, clearly the points had gone so forget it and focus on the next game. That’s all we can do now. It’s in our hands, forget what Spurs are doing let’s just win our games.