User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Luton. 03/04/24. 19:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think when you make 5 changes to a very settled team it’s going to have a bit of an impact on how effectively things click. Plus you’re kind of sending out a message that there are bigger games ahead so finding the intensity levels perhaps won’t come as easy. The crowd was very flat too because of the expectation of 3 points.

For me this was the perfect way to deal with what was our easiest remaining fixture. No fuss whatsoever. A complete non-event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think when you make 5 changes to a very settled team it’s going to have a bit of an impact on how effectively things click. Plus you’re kind of sending out a message that there are bigger games ahead so finding the intensity levels perhaps won’t come as easy. The crowd was very flat too because of the expectation of 3 points.

For me this was the perfect way to deal with what was our easiest remaining fixture. No fuss whatsoever. A complete non-event.
    Oh I absolutely agree with all of that

It’s just really a case of hoping that some of our squad players had bit more of an impact in terms of goals, I’m not really disappointed because a win is a win and it was a controlled performance, I suppose the only thing I’d say is it would have been nice to see maybe a goal from Havertz or Trossard against a team like this to show they are ready to do it when it matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But believe me, it’s winning that matters. If we scrape a 1-0 against Brighton on Saturday you better believe I’ll be happy with that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    But believe me, it’s winning that matters. If we scrape a 1-0 against Brighton on Saturday you better believe I’ll be happy with that
    Exactly this.
    NQ seems to have this rose-tinted nostalgia about a lot of things, one of them in this thread being that winning teams give 100% in every game. Just not true. The Invincibles cruised through a lot of games. Sometimes you just have to grind out results. I remember one title run in we faced a stubborn West Ham side and we didn't break them down till gone 70 minutes. At this stage of the season just get the results. It doesn't matter how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I’m not seeing a player of premier league standard unless by premier league standard you’re talking Burnley or Sheffield United. At a pinch he could play for Forest, but that simply isn’t of a high enough standard to be a starter.

The reason he was given a new contract is because it’s cheaper to use him as filler to rest tired legs than pay out to flesh out the squad with actual quality.
    Well you were certainly vindicated last night. RN was pretty crap.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Well you were certainly vindicated last night. RN was pretty crap.
    I don’t mean to be disparaging towards him, I respect any player who puts in the work rate he does. It’s just not there for him technically. And I think you need that at the highest level.

I feel the same way towards Eddie Nketiah, hard worker…good pace has reasonable instincts but that little bit of extra quality is missing, with Eddie it’s a mixture of confidence and just not the same ability to read the game as players around him like Havertz, Trossard etc have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both ESR, who won the ball to set up the Odegaard move, and Nelson, who forced the defender to make the interception leading to the OG, had goal involvements, so I'm sure Arteta will be pleased at that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Ticket prices started at less than £30 tonight - ofc you wouldn't know because you never leave your armchair
    Was down ay Highbury year after year while you were still wondering why your knob felt funny when you rubbed it. And even funnier when your mate George gave you a tickle.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    "secrets"

Martinelli got injured weeks ago and hasn't started a game since
    Christ - SHHHHHH! Don't tell me that, I'm not a real fan like you. It's so sexy how you keep up with every last thing. Don't know how you possibly fit your busy football schedule in with the rest of those irritating life events. Still, you are a hero to me.
    Für eure Sicherheit