User Tag List

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    Wenger says empty seats at Emirates are "not a big concern. Our crowd is pretty solid at the moment. … I believe we have a very faithful crowd, faithful fans, who will always be there to support the club."

And he adds: "We are sold out in every single game, so I don’t know where the problem is at the moment.”

He's an ostrich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger says empty seats at Emirates are "not a big concern. Our crowd is pretty solid at the moment. … I believe we have a very faithful crowd, faithful fans, who will always be there to support the club."

And he adds: "We are sold out in every single game, so I don’t know where the problem is at the moment.”

Sometimes I don’t know whether these quotes are parodies or not.

The guy is so deluded it’s unreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, there was a story about Arsenal fans recently staying away from the Emirates, with empty seats across the stadium. I have little doubt that Wenger will interpret this differently to everyone else. The fans are staying away not because they have lost faith in him, but because they are angry about a minority chanting “Wenger Out!” Either that, or they don’t have the requisite intelligence to comprehend his methods.

Conviction is a powerful thing, but it can become perilous when impervious to the evidence. Wenger has, in this sense, become antiscientific, dancing around the truth, but never quite seeing it
    These quotes are taken from that Matthew Syed article Letters posted yesterday. He's not far from the truth given Wenger's response to the empty stadium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We must not focus on the last empty stadium. That is in the past. We must focus on the next attendance. And if it increases we must say it has increased. And if it has not increased we must say we should not focus on the last empty stadium and should instead focus on the next attendance.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papers are doing the rounds on Vieira again. Apparently he's on the shortlist to replace Wenger.

Stammers in the Mail claims Wenger won't be sacked under any circumstances, even if we don't win the EL, and it will be left to him to decide when he leaves. If that's true I guess Wenger will be staying for the rest of his life. Vieira will be 60 when he gets the nod. No wonder we are looking at 30 year old candidates too. Maybe Wenger's replacement has yet to be born? Wenger could go on for ever, given the amount of broccoli he eats.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Papers are doing the rounds on Vieira again. Apparently he's on the shortlist to replace Wenger.

Stammers in the Mail claims Wenger won't be sacked under any circumstances, even if we don't win the EL, and it will be left to him to decide when he leaves. If that's true I guess Wenger will be staying for the rest of his life. Vieira will be 60 when he gets the nod. No wonder we are looking at 30 year old candidates too. Maybe Wenger's replacement has yet to be born? Wenger could go on for ever, given the amount of broccoli he eats.
    i wouldn't mind Vieira getting given a go. He should have respect from the players and he isn't Wenger.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i wouldn't mind Vieira getting given a go. He should have respect from the players and he isn't Wenger.
    Unlike Thierry he's actually putting in the hard graft getting managerial experience. However given the shits we're in right now we absolutely can not afford to take any chances with the next appointment - it has to be an experienced manager who knows how to manage at a big club and deal with big name players.

If we were coming off a few recent title wins and constant top four then yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a punt on him or even Arteta tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    I can give it a go. I'll do a damn better job than that useless fool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Unlike Thierry he's actually putting in the hard graft getting managerial experience. However given the shits we're in right now we absolutely can not afford to take any chances with the next appointment - it has to be an experienced manager who knows how to manage at a big club and deal with big name players.

If we were coming off a few recent title wins and constant top four then yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a punt on him or even Arteta tbh.
    Henry coaches with Belgium and has only just started coaching. Unfair to assume he's not grafting. Vieira was working behind the scenes for years before getting his first role as first team coach and he had to go to America to get that opportunity.