User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Premier League Fixtures 2018/19 9am BST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not as lucky as Wenger this guy clearly. Unfortunate for him, could be a bad start for us, these are tough fixtures so early on.
    We should thank our lucky stars Wenger isn't still here managing the team!

If he was, he would be in Russia right now commenting on the World Cup and refusing to address the issues in our team which Emery and Co. at least appear to be doing.

To rub salt into the wounds, Wenger would come back from the World Cup and defiantly state this is the "Best Squad of Players he has ever worked with and that we don't need any new additions"

Life feels good right now being a Gooner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

If he was, he would be in Russia right now commenting on the World Cup and refusing to address the issues in our team which Emery and Co. at least appear to be doing.

To rub salt into the wounds, Wenger would come back from the World Cup and defiantly state this is the "Best Squad of Players he has ever worked with and that we don't need any new additions"

Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

Spot on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unai Tea View Post
    To be fair, I think it's better to play Man City early before they've established their stride. Also, they'll have a lot more players coming from playing significant roles in the WC than us.

Also, Chelsea. Better to play them early as well. Who will be their manager? They seem a little bit discontented at the moment and if it's Conte, half the team will be pissed off about it, and if it's a new manager, he'll not have had much time to settle in.

Sure it would be nice to get a couple easy games early, but I don't see this as being the end of the world.
    This.

Also, I'm kind of seeing this as a training season for us anyway, so I'm not really fussed who we play, and in what order. This season is all about establishing new standards, bedding in new ideas and refining who we are under Emery - I'd like to see us show a lot more urgency and intensity right from the first game, but I expect it will all be very rough and ready for a good while...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    This.

Also, I'm kind of seeing this as a training season for us anyway, so I'm not really fussed who we play, and in what order. This season is all about establishing new standards, bedding in new ideas and refining who we are under Emery - I'd like to see us show a lot more urgency and intensity right from the first game, but I expect it will all be very rough and ready for a good while...
    You talk sense you do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah, lucky old Wenger. When he was in charge we didn't have to play City or Chelsea at all in the league

EDIT: And last time he won the FA Cup we didn't have to play City or Chelsea at all (apart from in the semi-final and final).
    Lucky bastard
    Look at this cock getting triggered again.

It's pathetic. Isn't it?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think it's a good thing to get two tough games away early on.

New manager bounce should kick in as everyone will be raring to put in a performance for Emery. Plus as said above Citeh have more WC players and Chelsea may not even have a manager in place the way things are going!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

It's pathetic. Isn't it?
    There is nothing too trivial for us to argue over.

A list of fixtures!

Seriously?

Anyways here is an old but interesting blog on West Ham’s role on how the entire country’s fixtures are determined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletc...e_compute.html
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

It's pathetic. Isn't it?
    Oh hello

Nice to see you've calmed down.