User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man United vs Arsenal, 12.05.2024

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man United vs Arsenal, 12.05.2024

Wednesday just gone was 22 years since Sylvain Wiltord scored the goal that won us the title at Old Trafford

What is remarkable about this game is just how unremarkable the game was. It came four days after our FA win against Chelsea and we actually if I remember started with Wiltord and Kanu up front

We only needed a draw to win the title, and you’d think United would have gone all out. But they rested Van Nistelrooy and Ferguson only brought him on to rescue the game after they were 1-0 down.

Niggly game, United a few sly fouls just to remind us they were there but whilst we didn’t control the game, United certainly didn’t really put us under any pressure and we never seriously looked like surrendering the lead.

However what’s also of note is that Ferguson has been gone almost 11 years, and only once in that time have we won at OT (well twice including the fa cup game). And given how in that time post Ferguson they’ve finished above us three times in the following eleven seasons….our record there has been a bit of a damp squib.

1 win 4 draws 5 defeats…only one of those defeats have been by more than one goal and that was last season.

But there seems to be a lasting psychological barrier. Regardless of whether winning yields us the title this season (we know that failure to win means failure to win the title becomes a virtual certainty) I think it’s time we put that barrier aside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-0 Rashford hatter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we win, tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I hope we win, tbh.
    I love the unpredictable nature of the responses on here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I love the unpredictable nature of the responses on here
    Well it surprised me - I don't think he normally adds the comma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Well it surprised me - I don't think he normally adds the comma
    Normally he is sans comma, however this is not the Comma’s debut. That came in for the NLD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did deliberate about the comma. Hope it was the right thing to do.

There is no reason we shouldn't win this other than our poor record there - which can get in their heads - and Utd's inexplicable ability this season to get occasional good results which have kept Ten Hag in a job. But we are loads better than them so should win comfortably if we don't shit ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I do find the constant references on here to people involuntarily releasing the contents of their bowels, including whilst in bed, a bit tiresome...

That said, I agree the only way we fail to win this is if we lose the mental battle.

Ironically if Fulham somehow take points off Citeh, the Man Ure game will become unbelievably huge and I just hope our guys can deal with it.

Eiither way if I'm Arteta I'm doing the opposite of bigging up the game in their heads, I'm saying 'OK guys another day another game - go out and do a good job and get the win' - end of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate this fixture, even at the best of times it’s proven to be a struggle.

We should win but United have a penchant for undeserved results, hope I’m wrong but I feel like the season will end here for us. I don’t see them being as bad for their final home game.

2-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I have to say I do find the constant references on here to people involuntarily releasing the contents of their bowels, including whilst in bed, a bit tiresome...

That said, I agree the only way we fail to win this is if we lose the mental battle.

Ironically if Fulham somehow take points off Citeh, the Man Ure game will become unbelievably huge and I just hope our guys can deal with it.

Eiither way if I'm Arteta I'm doing the opposite of bigging up the game in their heads, I'm saying 'OK guys another day another game - go out and do a good job and get the win' - end of
    You’re quite a sensitive individual. If it’s not allusions to sexual violence it’s scatalogical references that give you the ick

It’s just as well we don’t like in the Middle Ages where rape and involuntary bowel movements were a daily thing