User Tag List

Page 874 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3747748248648728738748758768849249741374 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,740 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The new contract is probably to hold his value as a young English talent. Can't really see him featuring much outside low key cup games.
    BFG is retiring at the end of the year and Kos is starting to break apart (achilles injury) so there are going to be plenty of opportunities for him and Holding, especially if we stick with three at the back.

I actually think he's decent and talented enough to possibly make it. The problem that he and our CB's have is that the way we play will always make our CB's look a lot worse than they actually are - no protection or defined instructions on what to do. You could throw in prime Cannavaro into a lineup and he'd struggle ... and if reports are to be believed, one of the reasons Mustafi wanted out in the summer was because of this.

It's a testament to how GOAT Kos is that he's one of the few that's managed to protect his reputation whilst being a CB for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Cheaper. No ambition required, just plod along as usual.

On a brighter note, Stan's share value seems to be doing rather well.
    It's a indictment of our incompetence but not our financial thriftiness - I mean we're standing to lose about £100 million of talent at least for free at the end of next summer.

The financially sensible think would have been to sell both of them the previous summer when they refused to commit.

At any rate, I don't see how this is a bad move by the club. As a young talented English CB, Chambers will retain value and it's useful to prevent us losing him on a free or having to sell him at a cut-rate price down the line.

Same thing applies to Welbeck and Ramsey. In isolation securing players like that at the club is a sensible thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's money we never had, potential earnings, not actual earnings. Whereas the 600k per week wage demands of the pair, multiplied up by 52 weeks and 4 years a piece, that's your hundred million as well, and then some. Money we WOULD have had to spend. I absolutely guarantee this is how the money counters at our place look at it. They will never, ever look at that 100 mill as an investment.

And they will skimp, skimp, skimp again on getting ONE replacement in, not two. They may not even bother with that and try to palm off Jack and ANOther as replacements. I think the Wilshere thing is already in motion.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

So depressing and accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people that pay in £1200+ a season to enjoy the current offering and lap up the £7 hot dogs and £100 third kits on offer really do deserve Stan Kroenke/Arsene Wenger for the next two decades or more. You deserve to get your arses spanked in a few weeks’ time when Spurs roll into town. I hope you all enjoy the net bulging that you get to witness from another Harry Kane effort on that day as it is simply your own mentality and feeble mindedness that has allowed that outcome to have played out so easily.
    Agreed. Wholeheartedly. If they want to waste their money that's up to them. But when they turn around and call fans who are pissed off with this farce disloyal, fuck them. Johnny-come-latelies telling decades long fans how it ought to be? Fuck them. Over the past few months I have started to hate half the fans as much as I hate Kroenke and Wenger. I suppose the latter two would approve of that, divide and rule. But it's hard to stomach complacency, whether it's from the owner, the manager, the players or the fans. And Arsenal is one giant shit canyon of complacency.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do miss going to games, can’t beat the thrill of watching your team play live but there’s no chance in hell I’m putting anymore money into this club for the foreseeable future.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    It used to be fun going to watch games as well

Remember the three times I watched us play Liverpool and smash them. 3-1 in the league two and a half weeks before they won the champions league (last game I ever went to see at Highbury). 3-1 at Anfield in 2007 when Henry skinned Jamie Carragher.

4-1 in 2015 the last time we beat Liverpool full stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It used to be fun going to watch games as well

Remember the three times I watched us play Liverpool and smash them. 3-1 in the league two and a half weeks before they won the champions league (last game I ever went to see at Highbury). 3-1 at Anfield in 2007 when Henry skinned Jamie Carragher.

4-1 in 2015 the last time we beat Liverpool full stop.
    I remember going back in the 90s where we beat Liverpool 4-0 and I think Limpar scored from the half way line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I do miss going to games, can’t beat the thrill of watching your team play live but there’s no chance in hell I’m putting anymore money into this club for the foreseeable future.
    Same here.

I recall you held on to you Silver membership. I did as well.

I did this despite not going to one match last season with no intention of attending this season either.

I’m fairly sure the DD is getting cancelled soon. What are your plans?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.