User Tag List

Page 2728 of 3191 FirstFirst ... 1728222826282678271827262727272827292730273827782828 ... LastLast
Results 27,271 to 27,280 of 31909

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Letters;4513170]This sort of thing happens too much in the US but this case feels different, maybe the straw that broke the camel’s back.
    Can you imagine if he gets acquitted?![/QUOTE

Some us we remember the LA riots after the Rodney King trial will probably be worse time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Mixed emotions, buddy. Like Larry Wildman going off a cliff in my new Maserati."

Bad coppers need to be kicked off the force. But all the sympathy for looters posing as protesters in a bit sickening.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    "Mixed emotions, buddy. Like Larry Wildman going off a cliff in my new Maserati."

Bad coppers need to be kicked off the force. But all the sympathy for looters posing as protesters in a bit sickening.
    Yeah the looters just sweep the rug out of everything. Idiots
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren't they fighting back against big business corporations, the man etc by nicking overpriced stuff for nothing?

thought you'd support that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    aren't they fighting back against big business corporations, the man etc by nicking overpriced stuff for nothing?

thought you'd support that?
    No - LOL. They are destroying their own communities and robbing everything they can get their hands on, rather similar to the behaviour of the big corporations in many ways.

These losers keep on voting Democrat, keep on getting screwed over and now they're doubling down by volunteering to be cannon fodder on the front lines of the latest, desperate Democrat election strategy.

If they really wanted to protest they'd set up their own political party, a third party to rival the one two-faced political system, and run the table. They have the numbers. But that's too hard and it takes sustained collaboration which most people aren't prepared to do unless it's an online game or a twatter storm.

You buy into the corrupt political system, the mainstream media bullshit and the useless bread and circuses and you're going to end up too stupid to find real solutions. That's what these people are, desperate because they are too stupid, too gullible to use their numbers in a constructive manner.

A lot of them will be dead soon anyway, so it doesn't much matter.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britain's a pretty great place to be, tbf.

No matter what shit happens here, we queue quietly. Not because we're morons, but because there are enough brain cells going around to realise smashing stuff up doesn't help. Okay, so we've had that shit before, but the vast majority shun it. It can be infuriating, it can be mistaken for complacency, but there's a stiff resolve to the British character too - waning but still there. If it ever came to it, I suspect we'd have a very quiet but very determined revolution. But it wouldn't end in flames. Maybe I'm naive, but it's the sense I get of how things are here. And, for me, it's still the best country in the world to live in.

The U.S (the Democrat areas), France, even Germany to a degree, these are tinder boxes and it could go downhill very fast.

You can't beat the military at war. We're way beyond that possibility. Stupid arses who think they are Rambo, or think they are safe because of numbers, will soon see how quickly those numbers can be viciously subdued. If you want to fight the government, don't fight on their pitch. That's just dumb. And it's mostly dumb people who start smashing and robbing stuff when some agitator tells them bad shit has happened. They probably couldn't even explain why they are rioting - beyond remarking that Target has that new 60 inch TV in stock - while stocks last.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 30-05-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I finally called Sky yesterday.
    I'm paying something like £89 a month right now for TV, phone and broadband.
    Except we literally never use the landline and our broadband speed sucks - just about good enough for Netflix or a Zoom call and for most of what we do that's ok but even then it doesn't always work well and on principle it's ridiculous how slow our connection is given how much we're paying.
    Anyway, after speaking to the first bloke who didn't seem to be able to do much (why do they do that? Surely it's a waste of my and their time as pretty much everyone knows you have to persist and talk to the second person) I spoke to someone else.
    So now it'll be £42 a month, I lose HD (although frankly my eyes aren't HD ready so that's fine) and some channels but not ones I ever watched. I lose some of the phone deal with free calls but like I said we literally never use the land line. And we get faster broadband.
    In brief: Hurrah!

Feel a little silly how long it's taken me to do this tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it you have Sky problems every couple of months and you still haven't changed providers?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    How is it you have Sky problems every couple of months and you still haven't changed providers?
    I don't have Sky problems every couple of months. Crappy broadband speed aside (which isn't the biggest problem, I'm able to WAH OK and Netflix works OK) I don't have any particular problems with them. I'm just paying for things I don't use and just generally am overpaying.
    I haven't sorted it out before because I'm an idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really can't get beyond the idea that you need to be TOLD what's factual or truthful by sources you eventually settle on as authoritative. No thought required on your part beyond the acceptance of the authority.
    I did want to respond to this bit by the way.

Any information has a source. And with most of the things we have an opinion about that source is not the horse's mouth, so to speak.
    I don't have the resources or ability to do climate research so while not wishing to get into a debate about that, all I can do to form an opinion is to read sources. Even then I'm probably not going to understand the actual science, I'll be reading a version written for lay people.
    And yes I do need to consider the source, there are some science journals which I'd give more weight to than a site like tinfoilhat.com
    [Ha, I just checked to see if that's a real website, it is but it's a one man band web designer - is that you?!]
    And it's a good idea to cross reference between different sources. And over time we probably have an idea in our head about what sources are generally accurate and which are not.

Something being mainstream doesn't make it accurate of course and something being more fringe doesn't make it wrong. I don't know what you mean by my "habits", you posted some videos, I watched them, checked some of the things he was saying and found them wanting.

The WMD thing - the media reported about the dossier that claimed there were WMDs (obviously The Sun did so in a more hysterical way than most but if that's the standard of "journalism" you are happy with then that's on you). But the meida also reported when it was exposed as lies
    [I'd recommend Black Box Thinking, Matthew Syed uses that and Blair's continued insistence that the WMDs existed as an example of Cognitive Dissonance].
    Tony Blair didn't make the decision to go to war because the media reported about a dossier, it was the other way around.