User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Atletico match reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Only positive tonight was Chambers. There's definitely enough there for a new manager to work with. Hopefully Wenger hasn't corrupted him too much.
    Yep, he’s developing into a very good CB IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, he’s developing into a very good CB IMO.
    Made plenty of schoolboy errors too. Again, because of the lack of coaching these players have suffered, we're substituting running around a lot for good play. He was as poor as the rest of them as far as I could see. But he's rescuable.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think there's the makings of a good side here.
    I don't think many clubs have a better squad than us.
    A lot to work with for a new manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    BT Sport and their whole crew are pathetic. And Keown has been one of the most pathetic of the lot. By all means, criticise Ozil. But what about the others? And what about the elephant in the room? Bellerin got some flak.

Danny Welbeck though? Too English.

Wenger? Well he's a saint. Let down by these players again, no doubt Martin.

And the last set of players. And the set of players before that...

And the set before that.

Poor Wenger. What's an untouchable to do?
    Think he was pretty scathing about Wenger's failure to get any sort of performance out of Ozil to be fair.

Yes, there are some terrible players in this squad who need chucking out pronto (merci arsene), but that doesn't give ozil a free pass. You should expect more, not less, from your one world class player.

Ozil did nothing to get in the game last night. He went missing as he does in every big game. And probably will have one of his "injuries" for last three games. That reflects badly on the manager, yes, but it doesn't reflect at all well on Ozil either.

Good on Keown for calling it out. It's not good enough for the stupid amounts we are paying him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Been thinking a lot about this. How good are they really? Some players are more salvagable under a new coach for sure but putting Wenger to one side, I think they’ve really let themselves down this season. I lost a lot of respect for them last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made plenty of schoolboy errors too. Again, because of the lack of coaching these players have suffered, we're substituting running around a lot for good play. He was as poor as the rest of them as far as I could see. But he's rescuable.
    I thought he was head and shoulders above everybody else for us last night. He made a few minor mistakes but his positioning was very good and he did very well against both Costa and Griezmann. He made some great last ditch challenges, I also like that he seems very vocal and puts his body on the line. This kid has a future here IMO, I’d start him ahead of Mustafi without a shadow of a doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Hmmmm...we need a new keeper, centre back, central midfielder and at least one full back. We lack in quality and obviously mentality.

There is a lot of work to be done with our squad IMO, I’d bin quite a few of them personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Been thinking a lot about this. How good are they really? Some players are more salvagable under a new coach for sure but putting Wenger to one side, I think they’ve really let themselves down this season. I lost a lot of respect for them last night.
    We definitely need a new keeper, Cech is declining and Ospina just not good enough. Both full back positions need to be looked at, we need at least one starting CB, I’d put Mustafi up for sale, Kos is obviously in decline. In Central Midfield, the only ones worth keeping hold of are Ramsey & Maitland-Niles. Xhaka, Wilshere & Elneny could all be sold & replaced quite easily.

The offensive area is our strongest position but far from perfect, I’d personally listen to offers for Welbeck & Iwobi.

Whoever comes in needs to rebuild the team, there is not enough there to improve without changes, just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'm still struggling to digest what we just saw.

We needed to throw the kitchen sink at them but all we could do was launch some fluffy slippers.
    For the most part, it looked like we were playing in fluffy slippers, especially when we were in their box.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 04-05-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BT Sport and their whole crew are pathetic. And Keown has been one of the most pathetic of the lot. By all means, criticise Ozil. But what about the others? And what about the elephant in the room? Bellerin got some flak.

Danny Welbeck though? Too English.

Wenger? Well he's a saint. Let down by these players again, no doubt Martin.

And the last set of players. And the set of players before that...

And the set before that.

Poor Wenger. What's an untouchable to do?
    Pretty sure I've heard Keown criticising Wenger, no need to now he's going maybe.
    Last edited by Goonermerree; 04-05-2018 at 09:24 AM.