Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My take on the summer so far

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on the summer so far

With podolski already in the bag and giroud all but certain to come so far its a good summer and something we have not known wenger to do sign players we are generally excited about and think can do a job from the off and if the rumors of m'villa are true it seems he is trying to build a squad to compete not a squad with one shining light that will hopefully carry us through difficult period i think the biggest challenge is keeping the current players that are genuinely good enough and it has always been wengers problem for the past few year if he continues with these signings and keeps current players i will be genuinely happy about the summer and fairly optimistic on how next season will pan out i still feel if giroud and m'vila come true that we will need to make a few squad signings just so we are not on bare bones after a few injuries that happen in a season

SO all in all keep it up wenger and you will have fans happy again and on your side few signings and keep current stars and we will win something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....aaaannnd breathe

punctuation is your friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    .....aaaannnd breathe

punctuation is your friend
    Nobody is your friend.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my right hand is my best bud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we do get M'Vila and Giroud, I still think we need maybe Vertonghen and an AM. Last season we were a bit flat at times and relied on Song to create things, and I'm not entirely convinced Wilshere is the player to take on the responsibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if it's pure coincidence but this is the first summer Kroenke has genuinely been at the helm rather than in some transition period waiting for the old farts to leave or die. If we do end up keeping RvP and signing 2-3 quality players then we'll know all we need to know about the "gentlemen" who just sold out.

So RvP gone and two inferior replacements, probably. Even so, at least something is happening this year. Usually we are sitting here talking about all the other teams.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so talk now is that Giourd is on board. . .there is noise from the M'Vila camp too, albeit paper generated.

If we were to bring him in at least then I will be happy. I still think we could do with cover for Sagna and Ches, Dzageov would be a bonus but I think we are set for attackers now.

The best thing about this is that we are potentially going into the pre-season with our business complete. . .the team can train, go on tour together, although extended holidays may be offered to those that go deep into the Euros and generally be more ready than we were last season.

Added bonus is that we shouldnt have as mich crap floating around as we did with Cescbo! Just need to sort out RvP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be tempted to sign a right back and send Jenkinson out on loan for a season tbh. I just hope Sagna leg isn't the new Diaby's ankle.

We still need to clear out some shit, i would even be tempted to take a "nominal fee" or just free transfer the buggers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    I would be tempted to sign a right back and send Jenkinson out on loan for a season tbh. I just hope Sagna leg isn't the new Diaby's ankle.

We still need to clear out some shit, i would even be tempted to take a "nominal fee" or just free transfer the buggers
    Just get shot of them from the wage bill which is a long term serious grind. If we get a few bob, fine, but just lose the failures and dross so we focus on the good guys. Keeping someone on (say) 30K a week is £1.5M - given there are some crap ones on probably more than that, hanging around for a couple of years - it's a lot of dosh. Plus if they are crap and being kept on, what does that say to the good guys and the decent youngsters hoping to get into the team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we should try to keep Bendtner after all. He looked quite good at the Euros. I guess its more down to whether he wants to stay without a guarantee of first team football.