User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Citeh (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we’d win by at least 2 clear goals.

So this feels like a loss to me.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    No one honestly expected us to be title challengers but we've all had enough of these weak, gutless performances. Emery has some serious decisions to make.
    As discussed, I didn’t see it but I agree (and worryingly, with Zim) that the performance, or maybe lack thereof, is a bigger concern than the result. It’s fine to lose games, it happens, but I expect them to fight at least. If that didn’t happen then it’s disappointing. Will try and catch MoTD2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    As discussed, I didn’t see it but I agree (and worryingly, with Zim) that the performance, or maybe lack thereof, is a bigger concern than the result. It’s fine to lose games, it happens, but I expect them to fight at least. If that didn’t happen then it’s disappointing. Will try and catch MoTD2
    Disagree with the lack of desire part. It looked nothing like our worst games over the last few years. You'll see for youself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of width is a worry for us, we really should have signed a winger in the summer, we lack pace on the wings, Mhiki really doesn't provide the width we need, I mentioned Gelson Martinez and think we should have been in for him given that he was available on a free.

Chelsea is up next and to be honest I expect us to lose that too away from home, the lineup will be important, if he plays the lineup he played today (minus MN) we'll lose for sure, Leno, Lacazette and Torreira need to start for us to have any chance.

The likes of Cech and Xhaka are the past and need to be phased out, probably play Mavropanos ahead of Mustafi, to see what he can offer to be honest. Ozil was awful today, but we don't really have a decent alternative to him to be honest but he needs to improve 100%, Mhiki wasn't much better, been disappointed with what he's brought to the team since we brought him in thus far.

Shame we didn't get that young guy from PSG as well, would have been good to have some options we can try, I feel we're a bit restricted and the squad lacks something in areas (defence and to some extent midfield).
    Last edited by Özim; 12-08-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 36 years on this earth, one off the things I've learnt, is that, Greatness is easily recognizable. And when I look at Emery, the word great doesn't come to mind at all. Slightly above average, now that comes to mind.

His track record didn't convince, and just looking at his demeanour today, convinces me even less.

Oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    No one honestly expected us to be title challengers but we've all had enough of these weak, gutless performances. Emery has some serious decisions to make.
    And it's going to take most of the season to stop them from happening and even longer to get together the team he wants to play how he wants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    In my 36 years on this earth, one off the things I've learnt, is that, Greatness is easily recognizable. And when I look at Emery, the word great doesn't come to mind at all. Slightly above average, now that comes to mind.

His track record didn't convince, and just looking at his demeanour today, convinces me even less.

Oh well
    Are you seriously claiming you recognised greatness in Wenger (and whatever you think of the last decade or so, the first 8 years were indisputably great) after his first game?
    I call bullshit on that.
    Not that I’m claiming Emery is going to be great, but give the chap a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post

Oh well
    I'm not sure many Utd fans saw 'greatness' for the first five years of Fergie's reign.

Nor when a spectacled school teacher turned up at Highbury back in 96 trying to tell us and the players he was a football manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unaibomber View Post
    So this feels like a loss to me.
    Well that's because we, err, lost... ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been better had we not played the best team in the country but this seemed very similar to last season in terms of performance, lack of energy or looking like scoring. But it was City and they will win the league at a canter. Plus points, regularly I was able to turn over to the cricket which was going a whole lot better and alot more enjoyable.

I still think we will finish 4th and I wouldn't be surprised if we draw next weekend against the Chavs.