User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Everton. 19th May. 16:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal v Everton. 19th May. 16:00

Probably won’t be straight forward, I’m sure we’re ready for the beach now and may struggle to find some rhythm. Saying that, if we don’t win this and there’s a miracle at the Etihad, I’ll be giving up on football.

2-1.

Come on West Ham, do it for Declan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City are going to win Sunday and there’s really no point pretending to ourselves otherwise

They’ve only dropped eight points since losing at Villa in December

18 wins from 22 games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's done. But all we can do now is win our game - it's what we've been doing anyway. Finish on 89 points, 28 wins from 38 games. It's pretty impressive. Maybe we'll get a miracle at The Ethiad but it seems vanishingly unlikely. Which is why cheats like City should be stopped. Sport shouldn't be this predictable. In brief...

I hope we win, tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah, it's done. But all we can do now is win our game - it's what we've been doing anyway. Finish on 89 points, 28 wins from 38 games. It's pretty impressive. Maybe we'll get a miracle at The Ethiad but it seems vanishingly unlikely. Which is why cheats like City should be stopped. Sport shouldn't be this predictable. In brief...

I hope we win, tbh.
    Yep. We’ve taken it to the last game of the season which is more than I would have expected after the Villa game

We can say if only we had won that but then who knows then if we’d have beaten Spurs, United etc

Last season we let ourselves down, I cannot say the same this time. I’m disappointed but mainly because I think we’ve had a good enough season to deserve the title….

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think pointing to the Villa game is misguided. It was one slip all calendar year, holy shit give them a break, they've been basically flawless otherwise.
    It's the West Ham/Fulham double header over Christmas which is where we lost the initiative BUT I think just saying "if we'd won those then we'd be champions" is simplistic. Sport doesn't work like that. Results affect subsequent results. Maybe it was those two losses which inspired the subsequent run. If we'd won those we'd have been leading from the front, there would have been different pressures which could have affected other results. Overall I reckon you end up pretty much where you deserve to. I'd argue we deserve to be champions, we would be but for being up against the best PL team in history. And everyone knows how they got there. So fuck them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the first half of the season really where most of the silly points were dropped. The fact we’re unbeaten in all the big games makes this a tough pill to swallow. So you’re really just looking at a select few games being the difference, for me Fulham taking 4 points off us was something that could easily have been avoided.

Would we have been as consistent with the pressure of being leaders though? Who knows.

Satisfied with the season overall and I have no reason to believe we won’t challenge again next year. Last season I felt we could struggle to challenge again but we’re a pretty solid team now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think pointing to the Villa game is misguided. It was one slip all calendar year, holy shit give them a break, they've been basically flawless otherwise.
    It's the West Ham/Fulham double header over Christmas which is where we lost the initiative BUT I think just saying "if we'd won those then we'd be champions" is simplistic. Sport doesn't work like that. Results affect subsequent results. Maybe it was those two losses which inspired the subsequent run. If we'd won those we'd have been leading from the front, there would have been different pressures which could have affected other results. Overall I reckon you end up pretty much where you deserve to. I'd argue we deserve to be champions, we would be but for being up against the best PL team in history. And everyone knows how they got there. So fuck them.
    Difference of opinion. The Villa game was lost during a title run in. We were in a title run in despite the West Ham and Fulham results.

And largely it’s what you do in the second half of the season that counts. For example the double winning season of 01/02 we only won five of our first 12 home games before going on a 13 game winning run.

Again, I’m not going down that whole we fucked it up road but a game you lose in April is more crucial than two you lose in December.

Simply because there are far more variables open in terms of outcomes half way through the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-3 Calvert-Lewin hatter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    0-3 Calvert-Lewin hatter
    Sadly those days are probably behind him. I say sadly because I think before the injuries he’d have been an excellent signing for us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Difference of opinion. The Villa game was lost during a title run in. We were in a title run in despite the West Ham and Fulham results.

And largely it’s what you do in the second half of the season that counts. For example the double winning season of 01/02 we only won five of our first 12 home games before going on a 13 game winning run.

Again, I’m not going down that whole we fucked it up road but a game you lose in April is more crucial than two you lose in December.

Simply because there are far more variables open in terms of outcomes half way through the season
    I don't disagree with any of that, but I find it harder to criticise them too harshly for the Villa one - given that it was the one slip in an otherwise basically flawless run.
    The games over Christmas were easier games which we really should be winning. Villa are in general harder opponents. Still should be beating them at home, but you can't win every game.
    Unless you're City apparently. And, as discussed, we all know how they've got there so, as I may have said: fuck them!