User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Ham United (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the only goal they scored. I'd be interested to know what goalkeepers think about Cech's first. I don't think he should have saved it, but I think it is one of those shots that looks like it should to most people. I didn't think he should have saved it at the time and I still don't having seen it a dozen times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looked a bit rooted to me and lets face it, it's not the first time he's been beaten down at that near post from a shot that you wouldn't say was particularly hit with serious venom.

Though in fairness there are worse examples of Cech's near-post failure's than the one Arnautovic put past him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time but I would like to see Leno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Also Leno should definitely start the next game, Cech was poor today, at fault for one of the goals for sure today.
    No he wasn't, and he made a few good saves.
    Although I do agree Leno should be starting, Cech's best days are clearly behind him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    You mean the only goal they scored. I'd be interested to know what goalkeepers think about Cech's first. I don't think he should have saved it, but I think it is one of those shots that looks like it should to most people. I didn't think he should have saved it at the time and I still don't having seen it a dozen times.
    They would have scored more if not for Cech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Ham didn't score more due mainly to poor finishing, not so much Cech, a keepers job is to keep goals out though, for the goal they scored several people thought he should have done better.

As someone else said he's the past, give Leno a shot, he might be the future, makes no sense to keep playing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he plays Leno soon just to shut you up and if he does fuck up and isn't ready, you'll prove my point and start moaning about the signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Hopefully he plays Leno soon just to shut you up and if he does fuck up and isn't ready, you'll prove my point and start moaning about the signing.
    Probably be lacking sharpness from not playing cos that's what happens to keepers when they don't play!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if he's not an instant success you're going to moan about it anyway, right? Right!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    But if he's not an instant success you're going to moan about it anyway, right? Right!
    Well it won't be great if he makes a mistake which leads to a goal that's for sure, but like I said there's a reason teams don't really rotate keepers, if they do keepers tend to make more mistakes as it takes time for them to play themselves into form and you have to legislate for them and give them a bit of leeway. You play your number 1 and then hope that if he does get injured the understudy can perform (generally with keepers they don't get injured a lot so you don't plan to rely on them much).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They started off on an even keel before the first game was played and preseason was underway. Emery decided he wanted Cech to start and the reports are that Leno has not impressed in training. No Jerry/Gerry Peyton to blame anymore. Other than almost scoring the best own goal in the history of time (which subsequently did not cost us), Cech hasn't made too many glaring errors. Not sure what else we can expect Emery to do other than play whoever appears best to him.

Speaking of performing in training....the guys on Le Grove seem to be suggesting that being great in training is Xhaka's big party trick which might explain why manager's like playing him but fans are much more divided.....