User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Post match V Fc Kolon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    A manager that decides to play Iwobi as a CM either doesn't know his own players strengths and weaknesses or totally disregards or underestimates the discipline for that role. I'm going with the latter because the CM position has been a blind spot for Wenger for a long time now.
    Agree with every word. Iwobi has stagnated after breaking into the first team at the end of the 15-16 season and hasn't actually improved any of his game. He can't even get a look in anymore and should be sent on loan.

No other manager would play him in a 2 man midfield, no way.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has no clue. We used to see similar images when we'd have Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle with Arteta.
    Well if rumours are to be believed then Mustafi pretty much told Wenger about this gaping issue in our midfield which led to us willing to offload him to Inter in the window with Johnny Evans lined up as his replacement.

As with plenty of other things, nothing's going to change until the old fart steps down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    What you two esteemed board members are arguing about is immaterial because our defence has made a world class keeper look like a chump from Day 1.
    I agree. We're talking about a 2nd string keeper here. It's the least of our worries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Agree with every word. Iwobi has stagnated after breaking into the first team at the end of the 15-16 season and hasn't actually improved any of his game. He can't even get a look in anymore and should be sent on loan.

It's the story of almost every young player to come break into the first team under Wenger. Just look at Holding this year. Full of so much promise and now looks a complete mess. You can go as far back as Senderos and Djourou to see the same pattern. The promise quickly fades away.

Iwobi has talent but he hasn't progressed and I doubt he will if he continues to play under Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post

Where did I read that Wenger is still picking his teams 2 weeks in advance based on tech estimates of fitness and fatigue? Somewhere during the transfer window, might have been Le Grove. Anyway, the bizarre nature of Wenger's team selections add weight to this theory. Though it doesn't explain him doubling down and playing replacements out of position. I don't think anyone can explain that madness.

I can see the theory behind playing an attack minded and technical player in the role, but only if that player is as least somewhat experienced and has been getting game time so he can develop an understanding with his team mates. Of course that's not even possible because Wenger recycles all the players around the victim to make it at least 10 times more difficult. Then the fans get on Iwobi's back and a young prospect who has done very well, considering this is the top level, loses confidence and starts to go backwards.

It's obscene man management. If you want to destroy a player then that's how you do it. You end up with another Theo Walcott, a player that soared into the spotlight, got signed by Wenger and, after a few decent outings that relied on muscle memory, settled into a slow an steady stagnation.

Wenger ruins careers. He used to create them. Now he destroys them. Never mind Iwobi. Can you imagine any other manager handling Walcott so badly? Or Wilshere? Or even Ramsey? He ruined Coquelin too and created the ultimate journeyman. He's tried to destroy Alexis too, but the Chilean isn't having any of it. Wenger has met his match with that guy.

We have to get this fucking cock out of our club. It's completely ridiculous this hasn't happened already. What the fuck is going on?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Well if rumours are to be believed then Mustafi pretty much told Wenger about this gaping issue in our midfield which led to us willing to offload him to Inter in the window with Johnny Evans lined up as his replacement.

As with plenty of other things, nothing's going to change until the old fart steps down.
    He spoke truth to power then? Bad idea when it comes to these tinpot dictators.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the story of almost every young player to come break into the first team under Wenger. Just look at Holding this year. Full of so much promise and now looks a complete mess. You can go as far back as Senderos and Djourou to see the same pattern. The promise quickly fades away.

Iwobi has talent but he hasn't progressed and I doubt he will if he continues to play under Wenger.
    Exactly. He's ruining Holding too. In the first year, when he still retained his training from elsewhere, he was full of fire and confidence. Then Wenger weaves his magic and you end up with a nervous wreck. Obviously the old goat is confusing the shit out of everyone he goes near. Technical this, principled that, cultural the other, but a total refusal to drill the basics. Everything should be built on those basics and the constant practise of them so they become second nature. That's true for sport, flying a plane, playing a piano or fucking a woman. But it's all too vulgar for Le'Imbecile. Did you see him the other day. He almost shat in his hand and threw it at a journo who asked if we should focus on the basics and try to win ugly. According to Wenger, this is not what football is about. Oh no, of course not. Football is about tapping it aimlessly from side to side - every purist knows that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. We're talking about a 2nd string keeper here. It's the least of our worries.
    I was going to say that about 5 pages back but I didn't want to disrupt the unexpected traffic to the site.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I was going to say that about 5 pages back but I didn't want to disrupt the unexpected traffic to the site.
    Again this rather anodyne debate occured because PnG and I differ on our definition of the word decent

Mine is reasonably reliable judgement, distribution etc his is able to keep chin above water when they take a bath

In the great scheme of things no it's not the most important thing. But it's enough to keep me concerned every time Cech takes a knock (yeah we have big issues in front of the goalkeeper but why make things worse)

Secondly this is a match reaction page to last nights game. Ospina fucking up again in the context of him frequently fucking up seemed a relevant point of discussion.

The formation, the playing players out of position. The lack of a plan A let alone B or C. Well known by us all and discussed to death.

And yes we know it won't change until the old fart feels the sting of air freshener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Again this rather anodyne debate occured because PnG and I differ on our definition of the word decent

Mine is reasonably reliable judgement, distribution etc his is able to keep chin above water when they take a bath

In the great scheme of things no it's not the most important thing. But it's enough to keep me concerned every time Cech takes a knock (yeah we have big issues in front of the goalkeeper but why make things worse)

Secondly this is a match reaction page to last nights game. Ospina fucking up again in the context of him frequently fucking up seemed a relevant point of discussion.

The formation, the playing players out of position. The lack of a plan A let alone B or C. Well known by us all and discussed to death.

And yes we know it won't change until the old fart feels the sting of air freshener.
    Apology accepted.
    Für eure Sicherheit