Page 240 of 322 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    So what do we all think about Zaha then?

Presuming by some miracle, that this transfer actually comes off

I wouldn't mind him here personally as he actually has in spades certain attributes that most of our players lack - agility, speed, hunger, desire, etc.

The metro are reporting that we have offered Palace £40m plus Jenkinson, Chambers & Elneny

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/11/arsen...zaha-10172640/
    Ain't happening.

Was probably just a 'PR bid' to show the fans we're doing 'something'.

Will be interesting to hear what the manager has to say about our lack of transfers as he'll inevitably be asked about it over the next few weeks.

More importantly, if he doesn't get any backing in the window again, what are Arsenal fans expectations of him for next season?

Although, I have to say, the PL transfer market has been relatively dead so far. Maybe it's because of all the tournaments, I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's OK, decent player but not really special and for the money there's better out there, but if we can get rid of those players then maybe that's not too bad.

Ziyech or Fekir would be my preferred choices though, cost less as well.
    That's pretty much how I see it - chucking those players in would bring the price of the deal down, if anything, which makes it more appealing. If we're talking straight-up cash, though, then like you I think there's probably better / younger / cheaper options out there for £40m (or less).

And that's meant as no disrespect to Palace and their valuation - he's their player, he's under contract, they don't want to sell or have their preparations disrupted, and they're already cash-rich from recent sales so why the hell should they settle for anything less than an unreasonable fee? No sense in either side taking offence at the other's valuation - it's all just a matter of perspective: Palace's valuation will be based on reinvesting with the aim of taking the club to another level; our valuation will be based on what we're being quoted for our secondary targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it - chucking those players in would bring the price of the deal down, if anything, which makes it more appealing. If we're talking straight-up cash, though, then like you I think there's probably better / younger / cheaper options out there for £40m (or less).

And that's meant as no disrespect to Palace and their valuation - he's their player, he's under contract, they don't want to sell or have their preparations disrupted, and they're already cash-rich from recent sales so why the hell should they settle for anything less than an unreasonable fee? No sense in either side taking offence at the other's valuation - it's all just a matter of perspective: Palace's valuation will be based on reinvesting with the aim of taking the club to another level; our valuation will be based on what we're being quoted for our secondary targets.
    Apparently Palace's valuation is also based on the value they put on their playing squad for this takeover, if they sell him for less then it could affect the takeover. I do think we either need to agree a fee or move on, because before we know it the transfer deadline will be looming and there will be noone available and those that are we'll have to overpay for. We've been really slow with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post

Or maybe we could leave him outside the Emirates with a bike-lock on him? He'll probably be stolen inside 2 minutes...
    i suspect even then he'd be the exception that proved the rule - thieves may not be nice but they're not that stupid...

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Ain't happening.

Was probably just a 'PR bid' to show the fans we're doing 'something'.

Will be interesting to hear what the manager has to say about our lack of transfers as he'll inevitably be asked about it over the next few weeks.

More importantly, if he doesn't get any backing in the window again, what are Arsenal fans expectations of him for next season?

Although, I have to say, the PL transfer market has been relatively dead so far. Maybe it's because of all the tournaments, I don't know.
    I would like to think that was far from the truth tbh.

The only PR that sort of shit brings is negative hatred, from other clubs and the entire fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did any of you guys see the reports about Mustafi?

He has changed his instagram profile pic of him wearing his arsenal kit off and replaced it and he has also removed 'player of Arsenal' from his bio.....

Massive pinch of salt tbh, but at least it means there is still hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odd we want to let Bielik and Chambers go, Chambers did well in DM for Fulham (he's not a good defender but in DM he seems decent) and we're not going to sign another one so not sure why we wouldn't keep him around.

Likewise Bielik, did well on loan and has never had a chance and yet he's not in Emerys' plan, yet rubbish like Mustafi and Xhaka are, got to question Emerys' decision making a bit on this, he didn't cover himself in glory last season either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's OK, decent player but not really special and for the money there's better out there, but if we can get rid of those players then maybe that's not too bad.

Ziyech or Fekir would be my preferred choices though, cost less as well.
    I agree that there is probably better out there, but Zaha does look bloody good whenever I have seen him play!

For me, (provided this article is real and Palace go for it) getting rid of those three and replacing them with a player like him is a good deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odd we want to let Bielik and Chambers go, Chambers did well in DM for Fulham (he's not a good defender but in DM he seems decent) and we're not going to sign another one so not sure why we wouldn't keep him around.

Likewise Bielik, did well on loan and has never had a chance and yet he's not in Emerys' plan, yet rubbish like Mustafi and Xhaka are, got to question Emerys' decision making a bit on this, he didn't cover himself in glory last season either.
    We could also lose Torriera as well if reports have been anything to go by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I agree that there is probably better out there, but Zaha does look bloody good whenever I have seen him play!

For me, (provided this article is real and Palace go for it) getting rid of those three and replacing them with a player like him is a good deal.
    I doubt Palace will go for that deal, they know we don't want those guys and not sure they wanted to be lumbered with all of them either, think they would want the cash and probably more like 70-80 million based on the takeover.

They may take Jenkinson, but what is he worth 5 million maybe, they could always buy him without selling Zaha, they know we don't want him. Think they'll only sell if they get a lot of cash personally.