Page 546 of 707 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556596646 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 7067

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't think I can be arsed tbh. I should vote, but I don't really know who any of the people are, what they stand for or what the right answer is.
    I realise that's all pretty pathetic, but here we are.
    well there's this thing called the internet - in fact if you're reading this you're on it right now - where you can look all that up quite easily ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh*

I know. I'm not defending my apathy. I should be more engaged, but when the options always feel like the "least bad" one, there's no-one I can get enthused about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I can be arsed tbh. I should vote, but I don't really know who any of the people are, what they stand for or what the right answer is.
    I realise that's all pretty pathetic, but here we are.
    Ill vote because i always think it is the right thing to do even if you spoil your ballot etc. At least that way you register protest etc. However, I’m genuinely not sure who to vote for in the London Mayor election. Genuinely think Count Binface gets my vote as the rest are a complete waste of time.

In terms of the policies for the two major candidates for Mayor, it seems to me that their headline policies if you are like are completely out of their control so cant be delivered.

From Shaun bailey, he is promising to scrap Sadiq Khans 10% increase in council tax this year but that has already happened and the only way to reverse it is to reduce the tax next year by the amount paid this year. I dont believe you can retroactively scrap a tax increase once it has been effected. The rest of his policies i have no idea about tbh.

With sadiq khan, he seems to have three headline policies or certainly these are the three i have seen talked about most in the media/twitter etc. The first is rent controls. Ignoring the fact i think these are an appalling idea and Berlin showed it to a complete policy failure, he has no power whatsoever to bring them in. The tory government is not going to give him that power either so he campaigning on something he can’t do.

The second policy was about legalising cannabis which again is completely outside his control and the home office aren’t exactly going to allow london to have canabis but no where else in the country.

The third is to bring back the olympics. Nice idea in 2040 but london has issues that need sorting now and both candiates in my opinion have fuck all answers to those problems hence the policies mentioned above that achieve fuck all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might go Binface. I've never done a silly/protest vote before but I honestly don't know who to vote for and I agree I should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might go Binface. I've never done a silly/protest vote before but I honestly don't know who to vote for and I agree I should.
    Between Bailey/Fox/Binface it's hard to know which comedy candidate to vote for.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post

The second policy was about legalising cannabis which again is completely outside his control and the home office aren’t exactly going to allow london to have canabis but no where else in the country.
    Doesn't he have control over the Met? If so, he could de facto decriminalise it by ordering nobody be arrested for possession or selling.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Doesn't he have control over the Met? If so, he could de facto decriminalise it by ordering nobody be arrested for possession or selling.
    He oversees the Met and sets budgets, provides strategy etc but I don’t believe he could order them to not arrest anyone for a certain crime.

That would require a new law I think from parliament.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously vote Kahn FFS to stop the Tories - and again he's not that bad - so what if he didn't meet a target here or there - hellooooooooo we've had a pandemic and leaving the EU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    seriously vote Kahn FFS to stop the Tories - and again he's not that bad - so what if he didn't meet a target here or there - hellooooooooo we've had a pandemic and leaving the EU
    Well the pandemic really is no excuse for Khan to use for missing targets given the pandemic kicked in March 2020 and his term was due to end May 2020.

He promised to build from memory about 100k new houses/flats and so far hasn’t even delivered half of that. He can’t exactly blame the pandemic for that as i think it is quite unlikely that he would have built over 50k houses in a period of 2 months.