User Tag List

Page 66 of 707 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166566 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Pandemic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Jesus, this really is only one step away from burning witches, the absolute epitome of an uneducated population conditioned by the tabloids and leavers into being whipped up into a frenzy and taking vigilante action

There really is no hope for mankind

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
    The French are better at this. They smashed up all the speed cameras.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    It's so nice outside
    We had a nice walk in our local park.
    Predictably, a lot of people were around.
    It was ok though, people were generally being sensible and keeping away from each other.
    Some people were doing things which weren’t technically allowed - sitting sun-bathing, two blokes were kicking a ball around. But...so what? No one was going up and licking other people. No police were around telling people they can’t sit on the grass. Round my way the police seem to be giving people the benefit of the doubt and assuming that people are being sensible and generally people are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fat lobster people lounging around in their underpants and knickers SHOULD be banned. Except when there's a killer virus on the lose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So doctors are begging us to stay inside, and now the government and their "following the science" people are staying we should go out more?

Which one is it?
    Which one it is probably depends on what happens to the numbers.
    If the measures over the last couple of weeks manage to “flatten the curve” then we might well be allowed out to play more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let's say the hospitals cope and this "peak" gets flattened out. That's what everyone is hoping for. The logical question then becomes, how do you keep that peak flattened over the course of a year, which is what the doctors say they are attempting to achieve? How does everyone going back to normal achieve that goal? Won't the infection rate start spiking again if we all jump on public transport and go to work? Or will we have moved into a period of acceptable losses and take your chances?

Are they assuming we've all had it by now and recovered? In which case, why are 95% of tests in Germany and the US coming up negative?

Will they be shutting airports. If we get it under control, are we just going to assume it's under control everywhere else too? And let people fly in from all over the place? What about the ports?

Treating people like children who can't handle bad news is ultimately dangerous. None of the numbers make sense. The guidance is contradictory and the media is worse than useless.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We had a nice walk in our local park.
    Predictably, a lot of people were around.
    It was ok though, people were generally being sensible and keeping away from each other.
    Some people were doing things which weren’t technically allowed - sitting sun-bathing, two blokes were kicking a ball around. But...so what? No one was going up and licking other people. No police were around telling people they can’t sit on the grass. Round my way the police seem to be giving people the benefit of the doubt and assuming that people are being sensible and generally people are.
    Yeah me and dad went on a bike ride round the local area.

I just wanna see my mates though.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think things will go from this to normal but I’m hoping soon some of the harsher restrictions will be lifted.
    People on a local FB group I’m on are falling over themselves to be locked in their houses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A garden makes quite a bit of difference.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don’t think things will go from this to normal but I’m hoping soon some of the harsher restrictions will be lifted.
    People on a local FB group I’m on are falling over themselves to be locked in their houses.
    Possible money making opportunity? You be their keyholder. Lock them up and only let them out when they've informed on 100 of their neighbours. One free family member beat down per day, discounts on family deals. Abduct their kids and make them walk up and down the street in brown shirts.

I'm sure there's a demand for it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    A garden makes quite a bit of difference.
    Doesn't it? Daily kickabout with the kid. A nice environment to go cold turkey from the lack of alcohol.
    Für eure Sicherheit